Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By pedro666 Sun May 13, 2018 6:34 pm
Hi guys,im an electribe esx2 user and the dam thing has too many bugs to list.

I want to go over to the mpc1000 but need some info first.

Do samples continue playing into next bar?
I.e when i go to a different pattern does the sample that played on previous pattern finish playing?

Is there note drop outs even if max poly isnt anywhere near?

Is sequencing patterns into the next pattern easy?

Can you input audio i to a track and turn on off etc?

What is midi like for controlling external hardware?

Cheers guys
By Sharris Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 pm
Do samples continue playing into next bar? - Yes, if you want it to

Is there note drop outs even if max poly isnt anywhere near? - I've never noticed this on the 1000........gave my electribe to my brother & notes droppin out all the time on the electribe........I've never hit polyphony limit on the 1000, but hit it all the time on the electribe (effects use polyphony, so you might be hitting the limit & don't realize it? Notes dropped out for me on the electribe because I was hitting the polyphony limit.....8 sounds with effects, you're gonna hit the limit on the electribe).

Is sequencing patterns into the next pattern easy? Yes, just go to the next sequence & it plays (you set up if you want it to play instantly or at the end of the last bar)

Can you input audio i to a track and turn on off etc? Not sure what you mean. But I'm sure you can do it :)

What is midi like for controlling external hardware? As far as I can tell it works great. Everything is in time. Sequencing other gear is one of it's specialties.

If you get a 1000 look into JJOS. http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/
I have JJOSXL & it is worth every penny. I wish I would have gotten it sooner. Adds a TON of features. Check out the comparison chart for what features get added.
By pedro666 Mon May 21, 2018 5:21 am
Many thanks Sharris

What i meant with the audio input on the electribe is you could program into your pattern if the audio input was on or off,so i could have my tr9 playing into the input when i wanted to.
With the better midi implementation on the mpc u shouldnt need this,hopefully i can tell the tr9 via midi when to play etc
By pedro666 Mon May 21, 2018 12:54 pm
Another question.on the electribe,if you had a note on the first note of the bar playing a 4 bar length sample and pressed part mute say after 3 bars,it wouldnt mute until sample had finished or in another case the next note was triggered,it was so much a mixer mute.
When you press mute on the mpc does it mute it straight away?

Cheers