Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By jmk Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:07 pm
Yo guys! I want to introduce my little project which called "jmk at tha library".
Once I visited Library Of Autograd (Togliatti, Russia) and have turned out that there are tons of soviet vinyl!!! After that I returned to that library many times with my MPC 500 just to sample some interesting things. Sampled material turned into beats. Beats turned into beattapes... For now there are four beattapes:
Pt​.​A: Absolutely Unflushable Beats
Pt​.​B: Beats From Da Black Box
Pt​.​D: Double Pepperoni
Pt​.​E: Eastern One Microdistrict
Yeah, absolutely every sound on these beattapes was sampled from soviet vinyl. Even drums. Also I don't use PC in my process from sampling to recording tapes. Every beattape was released in limited edition (15 copies) on home recorded and decorated tapes.

Three more are coming soon and I won't stop!
Feel free to post what do you guys think about my project! Any feedback are welcome!
By Ill-Green Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:32 pm
Some dope tapes, I heard the first and Gnight all the way through. Brings me back when I used to make stuff like this on cassette, no internet either, you stalked the streets to sell like 5 tapes :)

Keep the artistic flow coming bro, dope work here.
By jmk Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:52 am
Next one: Pt​.​I: Incomplete MPC

Called it "Incomplete MPC" just because AKAI MPC 500 (all beats were made on this baby) is something like a toy for Russian beatmakers community. Most of guys thinks you can't make something good with this machine... Are they wrong? :wink:

Three copies left...
By jmk Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 am
Yo guyz I got some new stuff for y'all: two beattapes and a video w/ process of tapes diy-ing! Hope you will enjoy it :nod:

Pt​.​M: Marginal Beats

Pt​.​N: Nothingless (couple copies are available!)

Pt.O coming soon, stay tuned...
By jmk Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:18 pm
Yo guyz!

Just dropped P and Q tapes of my "at tha library" series! They are free as usual but you can add some extra coins to support my work.
Also N and O tapes are available again: one copy of each. Don't sleep!
Check out my merch page!

NOTE: leave a message to [email protected] in case if you want to purchase more than one tape - I will try to ship them cheaper.