MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By godlike Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:15 pm
My screen will go to sleep after a minute or so regardless if I am working on the controller or not :hmmm:

I have my screen setting on "Never" sleep :smoker:

This started occurring after recent updates--it never happened before :fku:

I have contacted support several weeks ago, but I have yet to receive a response :worthy:

Is anyone else having this issue?
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:41 pm
Is it on daylight or night?

I had this problem with the Live when I setted it at Night. But was gone when I switched back to Daylight
By BornElevation Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:31 pm
I’ve been having the same problem with my MPC X since updating to 2.2.1. It happens in controller mode only for me. :hmmm: I put several bug reports into the software team, but of course they don’t respond back.
By QuickStrike Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am
BornElevation wrote:I’ve been having the same problem with my MPC X since updating to 2.2.1. It happens in controller mode only for me. :hmmm: I put several bug reports into the software team, but of course they don’t respond back.

Yes mines too when in controller mode
By godlike Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:02 pm
1 year later and numerous updates and the sleep issues are continuing.

I’m in controller mode—day setting.
By Monotremata Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:41 pm
Happens in the software too. There are settings in there to disable the screensaver for certain conditions, and none of them work properly. I can be sitting here in the middle of playing back a song or working on the Studio hardware itself editing a sample or something and the display on my Mac will go to sleep while Im in the middle of working. Its like the controls from the Studio don't register at all with the Mac like 'NO SOMEONE TOUCHED A KEY DONT GO TO SLEEP'. Have to wiggle the mouse to wake it up every time.

And then of course, there have been a couple times where I had to leave, left the MPC Software up and running, came home an hour or two later, and my screen is still wide awake where I left it. Do they even know how to implement basic OS level features like that? It doesn't even respond to normal Mac OS system stuff like double clicking the title bar to maximize the window and a few hot keys as well. I have Qt and GTK based apps that integrate better with the OS.
By handthrow Sun May 21, 2023 8:43 am
Apple does random changes quite often and does care one bit about backwards compatibility, so i'd rather put that on them.
Maybe running app in full screen mode will help. Or you can use Automator to create a shortcut that disables/enables the screensaver.
By 83dude Sun May 21, 2023 9:38 am
I suppose this goes for your computer.

If you are on macOS, try using JOLT (available in the App Store) to prevent your screensaver for a set amount of time (or forever until turned off manually).
I‘ve used it for several years since I need my laptop on auto-sleep for work reasons.

Can‘t help for Win, though.