Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:30 pm
Well done to me Big Psych on winning the last round. It was a really fun round in the end with the rules being so strict, so I've carried on this week with a little twist. Been wanting to flip Take 1 and 2 of these samples for ages, so I've chosen them for this weeks round.

Samples

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wp9btvl5p5gu ... 6.zip?dl=0

Rules

Must use 1 of the 2 samples provided (Or both if your feeling creative)
Must use the drum break
No outside samples to be used other then the samples provided
No VST or VSTi instruments
DJ scratching is allowed
Vocal drops ok (but no full remix tracks people as we want to hear the beat.)

As per normal your entry must have battle number 206 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. Battle goes for five days, deadline is midnight Monday The 16th July

Good luck :smoker:
By pk1 Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:01 am
Ahh yeah. No outside drums fellas!! :lol:
This really levels the playing field. Some of us have better drum libraries then others so this makes it super level and fair. Love it. Going to the shooting range to blast off the new pipe and scope. Will peep sample when I get home.

Congrats on another psych
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:22 pm
I coulda made this super hot if we could play keys around these samples. Its all good though. A little quick beat.
Not my kind of sounds, but here's a little something.

By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 pm
pk1 wrote:Congrats on another psych

Cheers mate and I owe it all to you peeps :worthy: Your all continuously pushing me to raise my game, discover new tricks and improve workflow. I can definitely see, hear and noticed the difference from when I started just over a year ago on the beat battles :nod:

pk1 wrote:Ahh yeah. No outside drums fellas!! :lol:
This really levels the playing field. Some of us have better drum libraries then others so this makes it super level and fair. Love it.

Yeah its Just Man Vs MPC this round, I've stripped it back to bare basics of what can you do with nothing but 9 minutes of Jazz and a classic drum break. I've got another idea for the future that might be fun :wink:

MPCWeapon1 wrote:I coulda made this super hot if we could play keys around these samples. Its all good though

Yeah I did toy with the idea of allowing keys then fought **** it, lets get down with just some Jazz and a break.

Looking forward to checking it out MPC Weapon

Looking forward to hearing what you all got for this round :smoker:
By 1200plates Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:50 pm

The sample wasn't anything like what I would normally choose but I suppose that's one of the best things about these beat battles!! :) I ended up going with something that didn't really have much changing apart from drum fills and drop outs etc so I had to scratch to mask it :?
The next battle will DEF have more structure.
Looking forward to hearing other beats.
By dez perado Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:16 am
MPCWeapon1 wrote:I coulda made this super hot if we could play keys around these samples. Its all good though. A little quick beat.
Not my kind of sounds, but here's a little something.

Dope
By pk1 Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:36 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:I coulda made this super hot if we could play keys around these samples.

THis is when you should build a key group from one of the piano sounds in sample. See if you can tweak it to the keyboard sound you may be looking to add to this. It takes a little work but you can creat your own key sounds from this sample. And basically make your own vst. It's not breaking the rule if your using the original sample. It's not too late to try this. Listened to a cpl seconds of track. :nod: And it's pretty dope weapon. Just a thought
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:45 pm
Another MPC 2500 beat, really must bust out the MPC 2000 for the next round

By pk1 Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:48 pm
So these battle got pushed around were we are voting on the weekend. I had it were voting was on tues-wed. So that heads that are working during week can have time to get down. Any body here opposed to letting this run till Monday night. So we can get back on that schedual? Tues-wed vote days? If not I'll fire up vote now
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:33 pm
That's cool with me PK1, will change the date on the battle :smoker:

I can fire up the vote Tuesday :smoker:
By pk1 Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:32 pm
i still wanna make sure the rest of y'all are cool with that. let us know
By saltmcgault Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:06 am
pk1 wrote:i still wanna make sure the rest of y'all are cool with that. let us know
t

i work 50 hours during the week and trying to wrap up this fam reunion right now then back to **** with those samples.. i’m cool with it but if anybody else wants to get the vote going. it’s all good vote it up. :smoker: