Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By malkav30 Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:05 pm
Hello,

I just got myself a used MPC1000. This beast works just well, except for one thing that renrders it pretty useless :
- when I sample in mono,left or right, everything works perfectly fine
- when I sample in stereo, I get nasty cracks and pops on the right side.
It occurs both in analog and digital mode, and it does not happen in thru mode, only on the recorded sample.
It's totally random, but always on the right side, and only on this side (the left side is perfectly recorded)

I checked the R input in mono (which works perfectly fine), but it's totally irrelevant, as the digital input does the same mess

Anyone has a clue what it could be ?
By Sharris Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:16 pm
Could be a few things.... I have a similar situation going on with my 2500. I can't use stereo at all, headphones, sampling, stereo out.

In my research the advice I've heard is to open it up, make sure nothing is loose, spray it with a can of air (used to clean out the dust & stuff) & check to see if you can see anything that might be broken.

I bought the can of air, this week I'm going to open it up, clean it out & look around.

I'll let you know if I can think of anything else or if I find out anything while fixing mine.
By malkav30 Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:01 am
Thanks for the advices. Reading here and there, I came across someone having these kind of issues on an Akai S sampler. The guy tried to change the RAM, and it solved the problem. I gave it a try since I had spare RAM, and so far so good, the new RAM seems to have gotten rid of my pops.
Sharris, I don't have the service manual of the 2500 at hand, but if all your stereo inputs/outputs are bad, I'll have a look at the Op Amps on the analog board (assuming there is one separate one), maybe they are shared between all the lines, and the IC is fried.
By Sharris Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:37 pm
malkav30 wrote:Thanks for the advices. Reading here and there, I came across someone having these kind of issues on an Akai S sampler. The guy tried to change the RAM, and it solved the problem. I gave it a try since I had spare RAM, and so far so good, the new RAM seems to have gotten rid of my pops.
Sharris, I don't have the service manual of the 2500 at hand, but if all your stereo inputs/outputs are bad, I'll have a look at the Op Amps on the analog board (assuming there is one separate one), maybe they are shared between all the lines, and the IC is fried.

Nice, I'm glad you were able to fix it!!! & thanks for the advice, you too inflict3. I THINK I have the service manual, I printed it awhile ago, it shows all the parts & part numbers, I'll check out what you suggest on the analog board. I'll also order some deoxit, I have some more tact switches that are causin me grief & heard deoxit can help with that as well, so either way it would be good to have.