Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Ashorttimelater Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:55 pm
Hey guys!

So i just bought my 1st mpc, a 2000. Had my buddy pick it up since seller lived in another city. I picked it up from my homie a couple of months later, and trying it out i found out that the down cursor was pretty unresponsive. I thought what the heck i can still use it for now. And the tact switches is pretty cheap and easy to get, and i'd really like to learn to fix my own gear, since i've spent to much money getting half ass repairs in the past. But now the main volume has started to cut out in one side both headphones and l/r outs. I have tried to open it up and spray the main volume pot with contact cleaner, with no result. Same thing with the bad tact switch. i have seen that you can get the pots for volume and rec on mpcstuff and vstservice but they are out of stock both places, and i will probably have to pay quite some money getting it shipped and there will most likely be toll on it to since i live in denmark. Altso. I'm not sure it's the pot itself or if it could be a bad connection with the wires or what not? i don't really know if i should try to make the repairs myself, or i should see if i could get a shop to do it? they will probably need the parts too i guess. Really love how this machine works and sounds, but i don't wan't to spend too much on reapairs or parts. I will be super gratefull for any help!
By JUKE 179r Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:13 pm
Check the tact switch and volume pot solder connections to the circuit board. Resolder if needed.
I've seen many get cracked/cold solder joints due to people banging on their MPC with heavy gorrilla hands.
By Ashorttimelater Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 pm
Thanks for the answers! i can't seem to find the potentiometer anywhere really :( anyone got any idea? i have no clue how to find out what the part number are called either
By Ashorttimelater Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:35 am
I basically gave up. The machine started freezing too with some crazy glitches. I got a pretty good price from a repair guy before the freezing issue happened. But i don't really feel like getting it fixed since it have gotten more and more issues from my light usage and some of the parts seems almost impossible to get. So i just got a pretty much mint condition 1000 with maxed ram and jjos cause i had the money for once.. I already really like it just gotta learn it a bit more. Seems like you can get pretty much every part too if anything SHOULD go wrong. Still i honestly liked the 2000 a bit more....