Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By djkidmt Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:58 pm
hok-2 wrote:Soz about all the deleted links.
Its a work in proggress.

Sounding tight and funky! Maybe try some ascending and descending scales over a span of a couple phrases to create some more movement and tension with the rise and fall of the synth.
By Heavie Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:43 pm
hok-2 wrote:Soz about all the deleted links.
Its a work in proggress.

I like it. good work.
By graintable Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:21 pm
Haven't been on here in a minute, nice to hear the new tunes on this thread!

Here's a lil' video jam I made last weekend. More disco than deep, but house vibes just the same.

Thanks for listening!

By tapedeck Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:06 pm
hok-2 wrote:Just a beat
a beat bad did ub beat,

somebodys been drankin :mrgreen:
By loose_t Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:02 am
Here's a few house tracks on the deep tip. I've been finding I'm getting projects finished more quickly by not using song mode in the MPC. I've just been recording out 8-16 bar loops, then arranging, adding automation, etc in Reason.
By hok-2 Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:53 pm
Just out of interest, I'm wondering what type of quantize and swing settings other mpc2000/xl users use for house tracks?
I know quantize isn't some sort of magic that can make a week track sound great but, particulary on hihat paterns I often struggle to find that nice sort of rolling vibe.

Even when I find a nice drum loop, decide to chop it up and try to replicate the exact drum sequence I can't always get the sense of forward momentum of the original loop
I often do this just becouse, I think that's a nice beat and I want to learn how to program that type of beat.
Nar mean?

So, not strictly bitting. :nod: but using it as tenplate of 'this is how it should sound when done correctly'
type thing.
I'v done experiments shifting the hats forward and backwards, using diffrent volocitys on each note, quantizising them etc. Never quite sounds the same.

So maybe you cats have advice?
I never quantize the bass drum or snares much....perhaps it's that?
PeAce!