MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By quietizkept Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:09 pm
Hello!
Besides the fact that the MPC 60 & 3000 emulation on a channel kinda tame transients (vintage mode from settings does not) are there any other known differences between using the global setting & the per-channel effect? And am I right to assume all the vintage modes are 16 bit?
Thank you.
By v00d00ppl Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:17 pm
I thought vintage mode is just an effect that sounds the same on the master bus and individual tracks?
The MPC60 is a 12 bit emulation. It sounds like my 60 II sampling with low input gain by the way.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:27 pm
quietizkept wrote:Right I get that. I was talking about the vintage mode in the settings menu (not an insert) vs. the vintage mode insert fx.

The one in the settings menu (or via the hardware button in an MPC Ren) is effectively just an insert across the master outs, so it should work identically compared to inserting that same vintage effect manually across the master outs via one of the 4 fx slots.
By quietizkept Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
The one in the settings menu (or via the hardware button in an MPC Ren) is effectively just an insert across the master outs, so it should work identically compared to inserting that same vintage effect manually across the master outs via one of the 4 fx slots.

Ahh ok good looks.
By quietizkept Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:51 pm
Troymarquele wrote:I use 3 instances of mpc 60 on my kicks and sp1200 on my snares it really gives drums that knock witgout the need for eq

Never attempted stacking them but I have used the 3000 plugin on both kick and snare individually to tame transients. Sometimes it's the most transparent tool in my arsenal for doing so.
By Fugazi Jones Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:15 am
quietizkept wrote:Hello!
Besides the fact that the MPC 60 & 3000 emulation on a channel kinda tame transients (vintage mode from settings does not) are there any other known differences between using the global setting & the per-channel effect? And am I right to assume all the vintage modes are 16 bit?
Thank you.

If you insert it on the channel you can play with the settings a bit - for the sp1200 ring anyway.