Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By inflict3 Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Looks good man! :nod:

Thank you!!
By Ill-Green Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:00 am
inflict3 wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:That is ill my man. What paper you used to print the text on? Years ago, I did it with permanent water decals, but was tedious because the decal was so delicate. If it folded, it was over, had to print another one.

That clear one pieced together is the one I used to expose the screen with. I screen printed the text on with a water based black ink. The pic where the face plate is all taped down is my screen press. After I print the ink and flash dry it I had to put a few layers of rattle can clear coat on over the text or it will rub right off if you touch it.. same way I did my 500 when I painted it white..

Oh cool, you got a screen press. :nod:

One of the 3 machines I need in my life, a screen press, 3D printer and a vinyl press :mrgreen:
By inflict3 Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 am
Yea, it’s like the cheapest one ever.. same here on the vinyl press and 3D printer..also I would love to have powder coating gear and a oven for baking the powder coated stuff.. almost got everything but the wife didn’t want me having an old house oven in the yard for baking parts.....maybe now our garage is mostly cleaned out I can do it in there..
By Rangelife Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:49 pm
I posted this in Wanted Gear, but I'm cross posting here hoping some of you that have customized your MPC1000 may be able to help me out.

I just bought a MPC1000 that needs a little TLC. Before I spend a fortune on MPCStuff (I do need to upgrade the pads), I thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone has any spare parts in a box laying around collecting dust. Here is what I am looking for:

Left Side End Cap - Original Red
Q Link Slider Knobs x2
Translucent Clear Buttons x3
Rubber Feet x4 (Probably just going to get these on MPCStuff, but if you got them I'll take them)

If you have any other MPC1000 stuff laying around, I'm open to discussion, but this is a list of what I need now to make this thing a little more functional. If you have any of this stuff, let me know how much you would like for it and hopefully we can work out a deal. Thanks.
By inflict3 Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:02 pm
Rangelife wrote:I posted this in Wanted Gear, but I'm cross posting here hoping some of you that have customized your MPC1000 may be able to help me out.

I just bought a MPC1000 that needs a little TLC. Before I spend a fortune on MPCStuff (I do need to upgrade the pads), I thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone has any spare parts in a box laying around collecting dust. Here is what I am looking for:

Left Side End Cap - Original Red
Q Link Slider Knobs x2
Translucent Clear Buttons x3
Rubber Feet x4 (Probably just going to get these on MPCStuff, but if you got them I'll take them)

If you have any other MPC1000 stuff laying around, I'm open to discussion, but this is a list of what I need now to make this thing a little more functional. If you have any of this stuff, let me know how much you would like for it and hopefully we can work out a deal. Thanks.

I’ll look around my spare parts bin.. for the rubber feet, I got some dope ones at RadioShack, they are bigger and square and a harder type rubber, way better then the stock ones..
By Rangelife Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:58 am
Thanks man. Your custom 1K is dope. Thinking about doing grey sides, original blue body, grey cf card piece, grey fat pads and all black buttons. Got some $4 rubber feet off amazon that are doing the job for the moment. In the mean time, holler if you find any of the parts I mentioned. Thanks again for looking.
By inflict3 Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:04 pm
inflict3 wrote:Image
By inflict3 Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 pm
^^^^ sorry y'all, not sure what happened there..
By inflict3 Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:13 am
Not sure what happened to my images..

By inflict3 Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:15 am
By inflict3 Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:17 am
By MPC4EVER Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 am
EducatedHands wrote:did this last night. primer/white spray paint. nothing special. in fact i think i've seen this done before. WHATEVAA

Ya i did the same. I think the blue and white looks hot. Just ordered some new button and jog whell . Can't wait to show it when its done.