Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By brennfett Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:10 am
hello, i have a question about upgrading jjos xl from 3.32 to the latest version.

do i need a password for this? i know that i need a password for changing the jjos version, but do i need it for just upgrading my existing version?

the problem is, i got a used mpc with jjos xl on it, but i dont got the jjos password. so before i try to upgrade, i have to be sure that it works :D

thanks in advice
By MaScHiNeHeAd Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:04 pm
Hi All...
I'm having a similar issue..Just tried to upgrade my 2500 currently running version 1.09 of 128XL, to v 2.27 of same OS, but is asking for password when updated. I did get the OS128XL with the large screen from MPCstuff.com, so surely the password will still be vaild??
By Hamsta Gangsta Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:00 am
MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:Hi All...
I'm having a similar issue..Just tried to upgrade my 2500 currently running version 1.09 of 128XL, to v 2.27 of same OS, but is asking for password when updated. I did get the OS128XL with the large screen from MPCstuff.com, so surely the password will still be vaild??

Did you solve it?

AFAIK mpcstuff.com sells XLCD with OS128ORG which is an equivalent of Free JJOS, just for the large screen. So you probably have to buy the password from JJ.

In case I misunderstood you and you were running paid version of OS128XL v 1.x just fine before and it's not working now after upgrading to v 2.x, then maybe try to contact JJ directly via his website.