Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Gnome Tone Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:41 am
Ill-Green wrote:Looks like I'm off until Thursday, yeeyay :-D Will do a video in a day or two, probably by Friday I'll have it ready for prime time concerning any new comers curiosity about the DJS-1000.

Other news, I ordered another DJS-1000 :smoker: Gonna be interesting to see how two pairs up.

@Heavie-I like that 100% analogy, I feel the same way. No one should be buying gear for features that may or may not be promised in the future. Gear should be bought to be used for what its intended for AND as advertised by the companies.

However, I feel the DJS-1000 is right on the money since it came out the gate. I bought into it knowing what it does, didn't expect much but got bombarded with a whole lot more than I expected, which is a good thing. Everything Pioneer adds to it in future updates are welcome, but as it is right now, I've met my soulmate. :mrgreen:

**Off Topic**

Peep my DJS woodstand project. Guaranteed to blow ya fragile minds 8)

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=186449

WORD UP!
By Blue Monster 65 Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 am
I know there are a lot of improvements that could be made, but as someone coming from the days of the CR-8000, then the TR-808, then the DR-110, then the TR-707, the SP-16 is a freakin' godhead! No, it's not as "complete" as an MPC, Maschine, or even an EMX-1 (another machine I love), but to me it does A LOT and I'm happy enough with it as-is. Would I like more? Sure! But I got what I got and it's good. I do think they'll be doing more with both (edit: meaning the SP-16 and the DJS-1000), but we're going to have to be patient. I don't think their R'n'D department is nearly as big as it could be or should be. I guess we'll wait and see.

Oh, and Ill's new stand ... typical Ill! :-D
By Ill-Green Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:48 am
Scumbags at Musiciansfriend.com cancelled my order without reason nor bothered to inform me there was a problem. They were saying its an "international order" that I had to reorder from a valid credit card that can purchase in the US. I said you are a bunch of idiotic creeps, PR is US territotry and I paid through paypal, not only that, the coupon I used already expired, so if I did reorder, I'll pay the full. So they sent me another coupon, but **** them for the hassle. Just might indulge into an SP-16 from Zzound after all. I learned I can swap USB sticks with that. :nod:
By saltmcgault Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:53 am
Ill-Green wrote:Scumbags at Musiciansfriend.com cancelled my order without reason nor bothered to inform me there was a problem. They were saying its an "international order" that I had to reorder from a valid credit card that can purchase in the US. I said you are a bunch of idiotic creeps, PR is US territotry and I paid through paypal, not only that, the coupon I used already expired, so if I did reorder, I'll pay the full. So they sent me another coupon, but **** them for the hassle. Just might indulge into an SP-16 from Zzound after all. I learned I can swap USB sticks with that. :nod:

Damn so you were just chilling waiting... and it wasn't even being processed? :evil: i'd be pissed. i bet you could find it cheaper elsewhere anyways even with the coupon.
By Blue Monster 65 Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:52 am
Used SP-16s are going pretty cheap these days!

OT: what is it with mail-order and PR? We’ve never had a problem with our customers, but this week, as the school year ramps up, two orders came thru and both were marked (by the company that runs our website) as international orders. We had to go in and change their shipping from over $50 to the usual $10 both times! Stupid. And time-consuming for both us and the customers.
By Cockdiesel Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:03 pm
Go for the toriaz Ill green. You already know the djs is a beast, but the toriaz will give you a dope ass filter, from the prophet 6, song mode and you can swap over usb. Not sure if you do any processing but the eight outs can help with that or even just tracking out better.
By Ill-Green Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:41 am
Blue Monster 65 wrote:Used SP-16s are going pretty cheap these days!

OT: what is it with mail-order and PR? We’ve never had a problem with our customers, but this week, as the school year ramps up, two orders came thru and both were marked (by the company that runs our website) as international orders. We had to go in and change their shipping from over $50 to the usual $10 both times! Stupid. And time-consuming for both us and the customers.

They just being scumbags because the money was refunded. But yeah, some sites got PR as international while other sites, as a state or US territory. Political bullshit but thats why I deal with USPS. The others are thieves.

Cockdiesel wrote:Go for the toriaz Ill green. You already know the djs is a beast, but the toriaz will give you a dope ass filter, from the prophet 6, song mode and you can swap over usb. Not sure if you do any processing but the eight outs can help with that or even just tracking out better.

Shopping this mf discount with other stores to price match, we'll see who gives me the best price. If not, **** everybody. :fku: :lol:
By Ill-Green Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:05 pm
Checking for the Toraiz but the prices went up. Lowest on ebay was $999 used but no shipping to PR. Few stores even jacked up the price to $1499 again. The SP16 might be in demand than most people think.
By Sharris Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:43 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Scumbags at Musiciansfriend.com cancelled my order without reason nor bothered to inform me there was a problem. They were saying its an "international order" that I had to reorder from a valid credit card that can purchase in the US. I said you are a bunch of idiotic creeps, PR is US territotry and I paid through paypal, not only that, the coupon I used already expired, so if I did reorder, I'll pay the full. So they sent me another coupon, but **** them for the hassle. Just might indulge into an SP-16 from Zzound after all. I learned I can swap USB sticks with that. :nod:

I think something is going on with Musiciansfriend - I bought a left handed bass guitar from them in July, the next day I went to show my brother but the price was $50 more, so I was like **** yeah I got a deal! Well I was wrong...... a completely different bass showed up, right handed, different model (it was the bass that cost $50 less than the 1 I ordered). I sent them a picture & asked if I can return it for the bass I ordered. They replied sorry for the mix up, if you return it we will give you a refund. They wouldn't send me the bass I ordered...because they priced it wrong. Basically inconveniencing me & me getting nothing out of it. I won't buy from them again that's for sure.
By Blue Monster 65 Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:25 am
One could write a book on what's happening with Musician's Friend and Guitar Center (and many financial papers have done articles on it). I'm sorry to hear you got caught up in that.

And no, I don't work for them or Sweetwater. I used to be a partner in the biz, but am now out, but I keep plenty of contacts.
By Ill-Green Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:04 am
I had bad blood with musiciansfriend before. But during the MPC Live/X craze they sent me a 20%off coupon on anything to forgive them for the past which I used to buy an MPC Live. They caught me good because the MPC Live was just being released and I copped it at $959. After that, they sent me more 20%off coupons and I copped a brand new Digitakt and the DJS-1000 very cheap. Things were beautiful until my 2nd order on a DJS-1000 recently. I am never shopping with those turds ever again. That was the last straw.
By chino Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:54 am
I'm officially past the 30 day return window. The DJS-1000 is here to stay. :nod: I haven't turned on my MV since I bought the DJS-1000! I can't say enough great things about the workflow!! In the past, I spent more time learning the machines (Ren & MV) then I did making music. It's only now that I realize & appreciate that having limitations in the creative process can be a VERY good thing! :-D
By chino Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:13 pm
Definitely enjoying the DJS-1000! :nod: Since the Pioneer DJ forum is a graveyard, I figured I'd post some feature requests here in the off chance Pioneer is lurking around...

1. Arranger or Song mode
2. Ability to 'NORMALIZE' a sample
3. Add additional FXs (I remember seeing 19 FXs showcased but only 8 made it to the final release version)

If a MKII version is ever made, I would like....

1. 8 bar buttons instead of the 4 bar buttons
2 An Appegiator &/or Keyboard button below the Fx button. A built in Synth would be nice too!
3. Internal RAM/built in storage. It's 2018 so 16gb RAM is easily doable & affordable.