Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By cunoSvaa Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:21 pm
Ok so I have looked high and lo, well I have looked high all day long... anyways.

Let me give a run down Im def more used to the classics MPC 60/2KXL. Id say the 2000XL has been my fav of all the mpcs Ive used easy and simplistic and I do everything inside the mpc. I dont get too too crazy with it sample wax and push buttons.

I have a old 1000 but the buttons are all janky and no JJOS and it a pain because all of you "repair men" charge more than the Damn asian spa's hand rub at the end! what the hell is that lol. For real though maybe ill save this topic for another post for calling out names but MPCSTUFF & 16squarez & I dont know who else but im sure you are all over priced with crap components... anyways continuing.

OS3 or OSXL

I dont mind paying all i hear are good things. But which one to choose???

only thing I really need to do with my mpc is chop/trim a sample maybe layer and use midi (a few rack samplers I use 950/EPS) and be able to open samples from the 1000 (which i assume ill need to fix it and get a JJOS aswell, but I dont need them to both be the same JJOS I just use the 1000 to travel sample the homies records and then ill put them back in the 2500.

The one thing I have noticed is that I hear changing from one OS to anther the programs and stuff are all discombobulated. If you were a old MPC head which OS would you go for?

I honestly dont know what half of the options are on the 2500 or JJOS, but I just pulled all my old gear out of the storage unit and feel liek its time to find new life in the crates and make some ish after all these years!

Help a brother out!

thanks in advance in a bboy stance!
By saltmcgault Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:22 pm
cunoSvaa wrote:one more question if i pay for the OS XL and decide to go to OS3 is there a extra payment ill need to give??? this is major lol

i helped install my friends xlcd screen. he previously had jjos on it had just recently bought it about 3 months prior and contacted them and he ended up paying $50 for jjos128xl. if osxl is anything like jjos128xl. if i were you i’d get that.
By saltmcgault Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:32 pm
cunoSvaa wrote:one more question if i pay for the OS XL and decide to go to OS3 is there a extra payment ill need to give??? this is major lol

[email protected] this is the contact.. not sure if it would work since you’d be going from OSXL to OS3 for the “only $50 extra” discount since it was the same on just the bigger screen OS but all you can is try. i hope everything works out for you.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:53 pm
cunoSvaa wrote:OS3 or OSXL

I dont mind paying all i hear are good things. But which one to choose???

only thing I really need to do with my mpc is chop/trim a sample maybe layer and use midi (a few rack samplers I use 950/EPS) and be able to open samples from the 1000 (which i assume ill need to fix it and get a JJOS aswell, but I dont need them to both be the same JJOS I just use the 1000 to travel sample the homies records and then ill put them back in the 2500.

The one thing I have noticed is that I hear changing from one OS to anther the programs and stuff are all discombobulated. If you were a old MPC head which OS would you go for?

I honestly dont know what half of the options are on the 2500 or JJOS, but I just pulled all my old gear out of the storage unit and feel like its time to find new life in the crates and make some ish after all these years!

If all you need to do is what you said above then the free JJOS would be a good starting point. I would personally download each and give them a good try, seeing which version is more suited to your needs before you spend money on a password for a particular OS version. Your probably find the free version does the job you require.

I own both a 1000 and 2500 and both are have the same OS2XL/OSXL versions installed on them, this stops any conflicts loading projects between each machine. Obviously different OS versions will give you headaches trying to load a project saved in OS3 on a machine using OS XL and visa versa like you mentioned. So I would recommend using the same OS if your going to be working on projects using both machines.

No extra payment required going from OS XL to OS3 as it's a free upgrade for OS 2XL (MPC 1000) and OS XL (MPC 2500) paid OS users. Also purchasing a password for OS2 XL and OS XL allows you to use OS1 and OS2 as well.
By tapedeck Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:26 pm
i agree - try the free ones first and you might be good.

then save yerself the headache and if you are using multiple mpcs swapping projects, use the same os.

to yer other point, the components you can buy to refurb yer mpc might be expensive but i can vouch that they are extremely high quality - way better than what was originally in the machine.
By cunoSvaa Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:12 pm
just would like to say big ups to everybody here for the advise... its exactly what I needed.

If anybody is reading this post wondering the same... which OS to chose for the 2500 coming from a 2000/2000XL!

I suggest the free one for simplistic similarities to the old way of doing things. Alot of the controls are pretty much the same.. althougha few things that are annoying that I have not figured out (like playing more than one pad at a time not just layering one sound with another. )

Props.to the forum