Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track?

9%
9%
36%
18%
27%
N/A
By pk1 Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:47 pm
Time to hear what has been layed down for 212!

Rules:
Dont vote for self.
Keep comments constructive.
Vote will run until Thursday night.
Winner needs to have samples and rules Pm'ed to Psych or I that Eve.

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

KabullBB33

Quickstrike

Granny David

Dez nyce

saltmcgault

Welcome to the Battles Granny David...
Good luck everybody
:popcorn:
By Oskarr Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:06 am
Quickstrike killed it especially on that second beat. Almost had an entry for this week but oh well.
By dez perado Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Enjoyed evey single entry this week but had to go with QuickStrike also. That transition Into the second beat is retarded. Good work yo. Granny David welcome
By saltmcgault Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:00 pm
I voted for quick strike with dez at a hot 2nd. I like all the entries that double sample flip was tough.
By Horbid Grotter Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:33 pm
Hi all! Thanks for making me feel welcome here on my first entry. I enjoyed listening to everyone's work. I voted for Dez Nyce but it was a difficult choice due to the talent from all entries. Cheers
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:14 pm
Really dope round and welcome Granny David. Was a really tough one to narrow it down to just one again but Granny David just clinched it for me :smoker:

saltmcgault wrote:I like all the entries that double sample flip was tough.

Yeah it was tough but it hopefully it was fun trying to think out of the box.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:12 pm
This particular battle leans towards Quickstrike and Granny David.

Quickstrke, composition is exciting and dynamic. Has a similar feel to the Amerie: Why Don't We Fall in Love, 1 Thing, and Beyonce crazy in love produced by Rich Harrison. It has the ability to be used by lots of different artist. Singer to Emcee's. The only issue with the composition would be the punch and mix of the drum. The bass line's low end is there, but it's a little muddy. Perhaps to much compression, other then that, it works well.

The Granny David, on a sonic level sounds good and GD uses the Sample Loop over a Loop Drums well. Gives me that Beat Minerz/Boot Camp Click, buck'em down feel. However, after about the first 30 seconds the beat become predictable and loses it gusto. Unfortunately the B sections does not do much to lift the song. I'm sure with more work it could be flushed out.

But with that said, my Vote is for Quick-strike.

Overall everyone did their thing, I do think it would be nice to make each battle a particular theme/mood. Example, something for monster movie, rave, bboy battle, car commercial, racing game. This way it would allow for the composer to try different moods. Instead of just making random beats. Just a suggestion. :-D
By pk1 Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:32 am
Hey CharlesR thanks for the feedback. We have done different “theme type” and it’s something anybody could rule in on the win. In the past the turn out for those battles tended to be low or none.

But allot of new heads around here. So it could be different next time around.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:50 am
pk1 wrote:Hey CharlesR thanks for the feedback. We have done different “theme type” and it’s something anybody could rule in on the win. In the past the turn out for those battles tended to be low or none.

But allot of new heads around here. So it could be different next time around.

Yes, I could see how it would affect turn out. Especially it being time sensitive. :-D
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pk1 Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:27 am
Q.. where you at?
By saltmcgault Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:27 pm
QuickStrike wrote:
pk1 wrote:Q.. where you at?

Check your inbox

CONGRATS on the W Well flipped and it was a dope beat!
By pk1 Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:38 pm
I don’t hve anything from you brotha. Try sending it again? Pardon for the hold up fellas. Send to psych too so if he see’s it before I do
By Horbid Grotter Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:49 pm
''The Granny David, on a sonic level sounds good and GD uses the Sample Loop over a Loop Drums well. Gives me that Beat Minerz/Boot Camp Click, buck'em down feel. However, after about the first 30 seconds the beat become predictable and loses it gusto. Unfortunately the B sections does not do much to lift the song. I'm sure with more work it could be flushed out. ''

- Hey thanks for the feedback. I must admit I didn't have much time to do much chopping for this one. I may try to develope it further when I get the time and might even add a Boot Camp Acappella over it too ;) It might just work nicely!

Peace