Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By P_T_C Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:27 am
This has probably been asked before, but there is so much stuff on this site now, it can be hard to find specific topics. My question is; If I set a sample to 'Loop & Hold' it stops if I then press the 'PLAY' button. For example if I set a melodic sample to Loop & Hold on track 1 and then move to track 2 to record a drum beat, shortly after the bars start playing, the loop stops.
Also if on grid edit I enter a sample that is set to Loop & Hold at the start of bar 1, the same thing happens as soon as I press PLAY; I get a second or so of the sample and then it stops.

The only way that Loop & Hold works as I would expect it to is if my MPC is not playing. I'm sure someone here knows exactly what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
By Bugfix Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:46 pm
It is ONE loop-pool across ALL tracks. You got 64 slots.
If you play same note/pad on any other track it will cut. Deal with it. Use it wisely and with caution - it may blow up :smoker:

but seriously I prefer old way to engage loop (works on all systems)
1. go to Trim and turn on the loop mode for sample
2. in program where is (Oneshot/Note on/Loop&H) you select Note ON
3. you play d damn sample :twisted:
4.engage by holding a pad and pressing for instance: next seq, track, mute or erease

will loop until you hit a pad or there will be note played by seqencer.
eventually set up your "loops" to bank D, As you probably usually use A,B ,C primarily :wink:
By P_T_C Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 am
Ah, now I get it. I did not realize this was how the Loop & Hold function worked. I thought it was a shortcut to the way you described in the second half of your post.

I get the impression it is for performing with just loops maybe. That's cool though, it's sounds like a fun thing to play around with now that I know how it works and I still have the other way for looping like I originally wanted to.

Thanks for your reply!