Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By mr_debauch Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am
JVC wrote:I'm certain that MPC-2000 was produced in China from the begining.
(I don't think that moving production in the middle would make a lot of sense)
I believe that that's the first MPC series that was made in China.
But, prototypes do not have to be labeled with a country of origin.

wasn't there a thread talking about that and some people posted pictures of theirs with made in japan written on them?
By JVC Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:08 pm
mr_debauch wrote:
JVC wrote:I'm certain that MPC-2000 was produced in China from the begining.
(I don't think that moving production in the middle would make a lot of sense)
I believe that that's the first MPC series that was made in China.
But, prototypes do not have to be labeled with a country of origin.

wasn't there a thread talking about that and some people posted pictures of theirs with made in japan written on them?

No, I don't think I've seen it, and I'd remember if I saw one.
But, if any of you own a made in Japan MPC2000 classic, please post here!
By richie Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:01 am
Since I'm now a multi millionaire from weed stocks, I decided to buy the MPC 2000 prototype. You would not believe it but the sequencer on this is way more soulful and it makes all my rare oop mp3 samples sound super analog. I already opened a new soundcloud account and got 3 placements on Young Trill Trap God's new album. Insane.
By richie Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 pm
@tapedeck clearly you ain't following the market.

I'll have you know that since striking it rich, I threw out all my monoprice snake cables and opted to use pure gold strand braided ones from now on. The process was a bit involved as I brought a 20 pound of gold coil strand to this African braid spot I frequent when I get my hair done, to braid the strand for me. I found that these new cables I'm using have more soul to them and better knock in the low end.

To cover all areas of the frequency spectrum, I went and hired this mountaineer dude that had a knack for paracord braiding to do the same. Interestingly enough, the cables he braided lacked low end but had more sound stage and had wider mids and highs that were a bit too high for my liking. No worry though, I just dialed it down a couple db on the SSL at 10k and all is good now.

Also, all the cables are sleeved in the seal foreskin which has no bearing on the sound but more to do with showing off as I have such an excess of money now.

I'm thinking of hiring a mathematician to braid some midi cables for me as I heard this helps tighten up midi timing and overall latency.
By Cockdiesel Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 pm
Seal foreskin....
You’re really balling out of control.

If your state legalized weed be one of the first to open up shop if you can. You will literally have wheelbarrows of cash.

The only millionaires I know (my age) both made it off weed in Cali and Colorado. One is a high school drop out.
By richie Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:32 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Seal foreskin....
You’re really balling out of control.

I know and everything I do is a huge event. So much so all my waveforms have no dynamics and look like one big line.

I'm in Canada, weed is actually being legalized next week, October 17.
By Cockdiesel Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:47 pm
Cool if your a smoker, either way I believe in personal freedoms anyway.

Damn, here I was thinking my wavs sounded like shit because I’m an idiot.

Just playing been working on my mixing skills but there’s a lot to learn and factors that come into play.

Back to the topic: I really preferred every other Mpc I’ve ever touched to the og 2000. Doesn’t seem worth it at all. Even if it does have a more “3000” style sound...
By juskolmeal Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:27 am
Senz Beats wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/AKAI-MPC-2000-PROTOTYPE-MODEL-FROM-1996-BEFORE-PRODUCT-IN-1997-EXTRA-RARE/123398184122?hash=item1cbb1adcba:g:c-8AAOSwuGhbsTUg

Has anyone heard of a 2000 prototype from 1996 with:

"THE SOUND AMAZING BETWEEN MPC 3000 AND MPC 2000,BUT MOSTLY 3000" :Sigh:

?

It's the very first version before they put a back-lit screen and prior to them adding chopping features and such. I still have one of the first 100 or so units. Its a collectors piece but it was primitive to say the least.
By richie Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:52 am
juskolmeal wrote:It's the very first version before they put a back-lit screen and prior to them adding chopping features and such. I still have one of the first 100 or so units. Its a collectors piece but it was primitive to say the least.

If your screen never lit up, that points to a fault in the screen, not it being a "protoype".

What do you mean "Chopping features" - Are you talking about the ability to edit samples?