Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Habbin Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:50 pm
searched all over the forums for a result and going back 10 years of previously posted stuff turned up nothing, seeing that this place is really the only resource for these machine maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Recently got a used 2500 which needed a new volume pot, swapped that and threw in some RAM. was able to load in JJOS 3.13 and then I noticed that I had a bunch of dead pads. I should have run through them on stock OS but I didn't think of it at the time. So i take the MPC back apart clean and check the connections and then the pads just straight up died. Did I short out the connection PCB for the sensor? i checked all the wires and connection points with my multimeter and all showed a connection but I can't get anything out of the pad sensor. Figured it was a bad sensor and ordered a replacement sensor from MPCSTUFF which came today and fixed nothing.

Does anyone know of a way to utilize Mode functions without pads? its great that AKAI hid the pad test functions behind a Mode menu so I can't even tell if i'm getting any connection from the old or new sensor.