Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By proofofghosts Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:05 am
So - I bought an MPC 1000 that was running JJOS 3.16- the free one. It worked great, loaded fast, every function was instantaneous, changing programs, filters, scrolling through files in the trim mode, everything was nice and fast.

Now, I've been reading and checking out what JJOS2XL has to offer, and it all sounds wonderful, so I installed it to try it out before buying a password.

And now my MPC1000 is slooooooow. It takes forever to load, it needs to think for 15 seconds before I can scroll through the programs, change a filter, navigate pretty much anything. It doesnt stutter or anything during playback, so that is something, but it went from a great, fast and responsive machine, to a slow, lagging burden. all since installing the 2xl os.

And I should point out, that even when I boot back into 3.16, it is slow. I tried re installing 3.16, hoping it would purge 2xl, but it's still there. It's still slow, painfully slow.

I love this machine, and I would love if I could troubleshoot and work out how to make 2xl work on it (I've looked around and it doesnt seem like anyone else is having this issue!) or at least I could live with it if someone could help me get back to where I was, with a nice, speedy 3.16 OS!

What could have caused it to go from fast to slow, so drastically!? I mean, in 5 mins, I installed 2xl and booted it up, and then everything changed...
By proofofghosts Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:12 am
I should point out - I have a 32GB CF card and a 128GB hard drive and 128MB RAM. It all ran smooth before I tried 2XL - Is the free JJOS better at working with the larger storage?
By proofofghosts Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:20 am
also - I'm a bit afraid to try this (I'm not so much a technically minded person sometimes) - if I back up my files on my computer, and format my drive and my CF card using the format option on the MPC - will that maybe solve my delima? Ok thanks!
By proofofghosts Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:29 am
I tried browsing through the FAQ forum - but I really hope one of you wonderful experienced users can help me out! I see that there are issues with larger CF cards - BUT! since it was working fine before, I'm not entirely sure what the issue is (also it seems some other folks are able to use 32gb cards, it looks like when I browse around...)
By S1LA Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:17 pm
Try reinitialising as said, if that doesn’t work, format your CF Card. I used my Mac to format it to FAT32, it worked great then. I have a 32GB Transcend 800x CF Card in mine. Also using OS3 here, but worked just as well on JJOS2XL.

What exactly is slow? Navigating the Load/Save screen or are you also experiencing lag/delays on the Main screen (any other screens). If the first it’s probably a storage format thing, if the latter then that’s strange... :)
By proofofghosts Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:44 pm
S1LA wrote:Try reinitialising as said, if that doesn’t work, format your CF Card. I used my Mac to format it to FAT32, it worked great then. I have a 32GB Transcend 800x CF Card in mine. Also using OS3 here, but worked just as well on JJOS2XL.

What exactly is slow? Navigating the Load/Save screen or are you also experiencing lag/delays on the Main screen (any other screens). If the first it’s probably a storage format thing, if the latter then that’s strange... :)

I did a factory reset - but interestingly, it didn't "reset"? I still have 3.16 and 2XL as my OS choices, BUT it does run noticeably better. Like, it started as a 10, then it went to a 3, now it's sitting at a 7 or an 8, you know?

What is lagging - the storage screens do a bit, BUT the main thing that confused me was that it was lagging when changing filters in the program edit mode, doing anything in the trim mode, in song mode, switching songs, basically everything.

I'm going to ride it out for a bit and see if it stays where it's at I will buy my password for 2XL - but if not, I want to try and purge it - but I can't find any info on how to do that? Like I said, reinstalling 3.16 didn't get rid of it, doing a factory reset didn't do it (I tried both several times...). Perhaps if I go back and install the akai OS and re install 3.16 then perhaps it will be gone? I hope though that someone will have a solution to get it up to speed...
By catfingers Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:34 am
hey - remove the hard disk kit & try using it w. just a CF card. See if it runs quicker, especially the load/save screens.