Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 pm
Congrats to Granny David on winning the last round, he provide us with a nice set of rules and samples for this round :smoker:

Samples

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5gfhz13tjibv ... 6.zip?dl=0

Rules

As its Halloween this month I thought we'd go dark and gory for this battle!

I've provided 5 samples - These include full songs by Joe Renzetti, Cedric Vermue and 2 tracks by John Carpenter. The 5th track titled 'Horror Samples' are sounds I handpicked from my own personal horror VHS collection (I tried to remove the hissing white noise the best I could via Soundforge)

Please use at least 1 chop from each of the 4 full songs. Then use at least 2 chops from the 'Horror Samples' track. No limit on the amount of chops you use so go crazy if you like!

Outside bass/drums ok but no other outside samples or acapellas.

Time/Length: 2-4 mins

As per normal your entry must have battle number 216 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. Battle deadline is midnight Monday The 15th October.

Good luck :smoker:
By dez perado Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:32 pm
Congratulations on that win G D. Didn't listen to the samples yet but this sounds s like its gonna be dope
By pk1 Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:50 pm
Right on Granny David. Nice work.
By saltmcgault Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:18 pm
The rules sound like a spooky challange. :lol: Going to check out the samples out tonight..
By DT3 Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:18 am
Hey All, My first post here. Couldn't not do something for this. Look forward to future battles. Hugh

welcome to the battle...I fixed your link to show player. Its third red button from right with little cloud.
By dez perado Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:26 pm
DT3 wrote:Hey All, My first post here. Couldn't not do something for this. Look forward to future battles. Hugh

Welcome to the beat battles yo
By dez perado Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:28 pm
This was fun.
By pk1 Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:37 pm
Not an easy set of samples to make music from.... this is a challenge
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:16 pm
Welcome to the battle Detritus....

Man I was itching to get back on the MPC after relaying my studio, fired up the 2500 for this but wasted a good chunk of time yesterday just sitting there having some kind of writers block meltdown even before I started chopping :lol:

Managed to get my shit together and got busy, I chopped all 4 samples and sprinkled some of the horror FXs over the top and ended up with 4 mini beats for this that I roughly glued together to create my entry just in time in the nick of time to kick back and watch my Ravens manhandle the Titans :-D

Look forward to checking everyones beats out for this round :smoker:
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 am
I didnt want to make 4 different beats so I fused all the different chops together to make one beat.