Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By tapedeck Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:07 am
Blue Monster 65 wrote:With a few improvements, the SP-16 could absolutely kill. As it is, I think it's pretty great, but add a couple of features and it would be incredible. An onboard synth (or two!) would just rule the waves, man!

can you not make a sort of synth using looping single cycle waves?

i know nothing about this machine, but i am aware that technique of sampling is not very popular these days.
By chino Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:08 pm
[/quote]
Can you not make a sort of synth using looping single cycle waves?
[/quote]

That is exactly how I do it now. A built in Synth is just less work & makes an already fast work flow even faster!

I've experienced the benefits of a streamlined workflow. The DJS-1000 has enabled me to create more with it than all of my previously owned products combined!! :nod: :nod:
By chino Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:28 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I think the toriaz as-1 has that role already. Not built In but from what I hear it’s a pretty nice mono synth

I've been eyeing the Toraiz AS-1. It may be an early Christmas gift to myself!!
:lol:
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 pm
Not sure if you have the djs or the toriaz but they may line up differently with the as-1. You should look into it some as most of the complaints I have see. Had to do with the interface. It’s fully integrated and can be controlled from the toriaz I know for sure but it may be differnt on the djs.

From what I’ve read the as-1 is a single voice from the prophet 6. I really liked the prophet 6 filter on the toriaz, and Imagine it will be one beastly mono synth/ integrated unit. As-1 has some effects and the pioneer does too plus combined filtering of the two units should be able to dial in an awesome sound.
By chino Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:47 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Not sure if you have the djs or the toriaz but they may line up differently with the as-1. You should look into it some as most of the complaints I have see. Had to do with the interface. It’s fully integrated and can be controlled from the toriaz I know for sure but it may be differnt on the djs.

I appreciate the heads up! I have the DJS-1000 sampler. I definitely will do some more research before I buy the AS-1. I'm looking for seamless integration between the two.

For now, I'm using sounds that I imported for my MV8800 to make synth sounds. I'm really spoiled with my MV8800 because it has a GREAT synth already built in!! I guess I could always run the MV8800 into the DJS-1000...
By Cockdiesel Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:34 am
Sounds killer idea. I mean, you suggested more sample editing features, pretty sure you know how to get what you want done with the Roland. Does the Roland have a USB port? You might be able to transfer between the two.

I really like the pioneer sound. Has a certain sparkle it, might take some time but I like where sampling technology is heading.
By Ill-Green Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:08 pm
Glad to see this thread alive. :nod:

Been multi tasking these days preparing my album, making comics, customizing and modifying a Les Paul and working.

Remember when Musiciansfriend ditched me, well I went deep into the web and bought a DJS for $900. Seller was stricted about payment, no Paypal. But it came straight from Pioneer. Its authentic too but strange because now the site disappeared. Pioneer's site would've charged me full price and shipping cost. But hey, it works and up to date at 1.11 I got a great deal. **** mainstream stores.
By chino Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:00 pm
Just a follow up observation about the DJS-1000...

I have to give credit to Pioneer DJ for the overall reliability & stability of the OS. I have NOT experienced any freezes or crashes!

I'm now looking into adding the Toraiz AS-1 and/or a Roland TR-8s. Owner/users of these products, please feel free to chime in about your experience with these hardware devices. Thanks!
By Blue Monster 65 Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:53 pm
I brought a TR-8S home with me for a short while. It was nice, easy to use, sounded great and offered a lot of fun and flexibility. However, next to the SP-16, it was rather redundant and didn't sound as good to me (though some of its features would be nice to have on the SP-16). I didn't keep it.

The AS-1 seems to be a pretty good mono synth; very versatile and sounds great. I've already got a mono synth, but I keep thinking that one may come home with me one of these days, too.
By chino Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 pm
Blue Monster 65 wrote:I brought a TR-8S home with me for a short while. It was nice, easy to use, sounded great and offered a lot of fun and flexibility. However, next to the SP-16, it was rather redundant and didn't sound as good to me (though some of its features would be nice to have on the SP-16). I didn't keep it.

The AS-1 seems to be a pretty good mono synth; very versatile and sounds great. I've already got a mono synth, but I keep thinking that one may come home with me one of these days, too.

I appreciate the feedback. The TR-8s looks like alot of fun but it might be redundant for me as well. I have already have a DJ-808, MV8800, & a HandSonic HPD-20. I'm a bit of a gear hoarder! :lol:

I do need some sort of a synth. Im currently using a Korg Kaossilator Plus. Thats why Im leaning towards a Toraiz AS-1. Ive read about sync issues and the interface not being very user friendly. I may need to take a trip to Sam Ash to try it out ...
By chino Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Btw, I want to give a BIG SHOUT OUT @ Tube Digga. :worthy: I was watching a vid of his on the Pioneer DJS-1000 last night. He was explaining how scenes & patterns work. It helped me wrap my head around the whole process. Up until now, my workflow was to play the 16 pads live & use the MUTE button & Fxs for varitions. I record live straight into my Studio One DAW. Thanks to Tube Digga, I'm now going to implement saving scenes & patterns into my workflow. :-D :smoker: