Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:57 pm
huh? wrote:I think about stuff like that all the time. Hence, if you go to my previous post from a few years ago, I was still thinking the same thing by replacing the 3000 but here I am today still...... with the 3000. I know their are other things and forms to take factor rather then taking the easy route by “purchasing new gear”. I think that’s why I’m so hesitant. Maybe it’s a sign.

But on the other side of my brain, I do think of things like, if I buy this new machine, would it improve my workflow? Why did 9th Wonder switch from FL to MPC to Maschine when it all does the same thing? Just a thought.

That’s hard to answer unless we ask him. I can only assume he was looking for inspiration and ran into a wall. Just like any artist, he goes through periods of malcontent with what he creates. I call it creative depression and that is when gear lust kicks in or we get more experimental, searching for that new feeling or creative spark.

It’s natural to want to change and when I get like that I learn a new instrument and how to compose for it. I also slow down my process, so I can recharge my brain. I work on expanding the reach of my music.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:11 pm
saltmcgault wrote:I feel like im in a beat block slump right now. I'm sampling and slapping stuff up but when if comes to the point where i like it and want to start tracking it out. i feel like im stuck. I think im beat battled out. i'm stuck on wanting to finish a project and then i start think of another unfinished beat and i end up not geting anything done although i have made some pretty knarly drum kits to say the least.

Start working and releasing serious projects. Beat battles are good for the quickie but a long term musical projects needs love and focused attention. Look for a local artist and release some projects that mean something to you. Take all those beat battle tracks and combine it into one instrumental album and release it.

Have a release party, put out posters, press it up on vinyl, and celebrate it. Don't just throw it up on YouTube and soundcloud and move on. Give it a proper introduction to the world. :nod:
By saltmcgault Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:51 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Start working and releasing serious projects. Beat battles are good for the quickie but a long term musical projects needs love and focused attention. Look for a local artist and release some projects that mean something to you. Take all those beat battle tracks and combine it into one instrumental album and release it.

Have a release party, put out posters, press it up on vinyl, and celebrate it. Don't just throw it up on YouTube and soundcloud and move on. Give it a proper introduction to the world. :nod:

You're right. I going to make an insturmental album but i dont think im where i want to be with my beats yet. Thats why i enter those battles to up my skills. Feeling antsy at work today to get in front of the 2500 and go to the local pawn shop and start pulling records and listening to them there. So i know the urge is still there, Great idea on the BEAT CAMP sample sharing.. alot of dope drums and samples in there. :worthy:
By CharlesRandolph Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:22 am
saltmcgault wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Start working and releasing serious projects. Beat battles are good for the quickie but a long term musical projects needs love and focused attention. Look for a local artist and release some projects that mean something to you. Take all those beat battle tracks and combine it into one instrumental album and release it.

You're right. I going to make an insturmental album but i dont think im where i want to be with my beats yet. Thats why i enter those battles to up my skills. Feeling antsy at work today to get in front of the 2500 and go to the local pawn shop and start pulling records and listening to them there. So i know the urge is still there, Great idea on the BEAT CAMP sample sharing.. alot of dope drums and samples in there. :worthy:

Secret, we're never where, we want to be, with our music. :smoker:
By saltmcgault Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:20 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Secret, we're never where, we want to be, with our music. :smoker:

yea i’ve kind of noticed. :lol: i’ve been saying the same thing since 2007 when i bought my 2500.