Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By ericjustin Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:57 pm
Hey Gang
It seems that a lot of us have ASRs with displays that have some dead characters. Has anybody ever fixed this issue? I really don't want to buy an expensive second hand display board that may have the same problem down the road. Could this be due to bad soldier joints or to these types of displays just die after years of use? Any suggestions are welcome. Of all the characters to die, mine had to be layer. Supper frustrating.
By motosega Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:14 pm
this is the unfortunate problem with the asr10. its not impossible that some day somebody will make an lcd replacement. but i wouldn't hold my breath. look at how long it took for somebody to make a replacement screen for the mpc2000xl.
By saltmcgault Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:40 am
i was hoping there would be more info on this question. there’s 1 character that’s out on my asr-10 rack and another that was flickering but it’s only done it once since i’ve had it which isn’t very long. has anybody ever had this problem and fixed it? any advice would be appreciated.
By saltmcgault Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:34 pm

After about an hour of messing around with her. I think she may be starting to like me. Maybe all she needs is to warm up a little hopefully it sticks. :lol: