Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:36 am
marctronixx wrote:Like the title states, if anyone has one of these elusive cables I'd love to get it from you. They are 8 pin DIN male to male cables.

like this photo:

Are these just standard 8 Pin Din Male-Male cables? If so they are cheap on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Large-Size-Black-Cable-MIDI/dp/B005GUVD78/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MB3ZAZJJEQ3WGDQRG9CP
By marctronixx Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 pm
Thanks for the response!

To my eyeball they ok the same, but i dont yet have the machines in my possession. I read on some random German forum that one other cat was trying to craft some of these cables but when he bought the connectors he was unable to use them because the design of the akai port was a little different.

There is one guy local here in LA that can craft a cable for 75 dollars!!!! Thatas insane.

I think i will purchase this cable and try.. its worth a shot.

If you or anyone else have some more info please share. I cant believe there is no where in the world anyone is selling these suckers.. :)
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:29 pm
marctronixx wrote:Thanks for the response!

To my eyeball they ok the same, but i dont yet have the machines in my possession. I read on some random German forum that one other cat was trying to craft some of these cables but when he bought the connectors he was unable to use them because the design of the akai port was a little different.

There is one guy local here in LA that can craft a cable for 75 dollars!!!! Thatas insane.

I think i will purchase this cable and try.. its worth a shot.

If you or anyone else have some more info please share. I cant believe there is no where in the world anyone is selling these suckers.. :)

Yeah, VST in Pasadena seem to be the only people who sell the cable. Call them maybe they can give you a deal. Best to get it right, that way you're not wasting your time.
http://www.vstservice.com/p-219-akai-alx-50-alx50-sync-cable-for-dr8-dr16-dr-8-dr-16.aspx

Manual:
https://ia800305.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/5/items/synthmanual_DR4_owners_manual/DR4_owners_manual_jp2.zip&file=DR4_owners_manual_jp2/DR4_owners_manual_0070.jp2&scale=3.7898966704936856&rotate=0

Try this place: They have different lengths of that cable. The size is right but the pins maybe wrong.
http://www.kraydad.com/8-pin-din-large-din-cables/
By marctronixx Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:25 pm
Thanks for rolling with me here.

Yeah vst wants 75 dollars and they have to make it. They don’t have the connectors even though it says in stock on the site

Ive been in touch with Dave there. They have to make the cable.

I went ahead and purchased a cable from kraydad (3 foot heavy duty cable) for 8 bux. Its already been marked shipped so we will see if it works or not.

Thank for your links. I have the manual. I used to have a dr4 when they first came out in the 90s but moved on to bigger and better. Now recently i was looking for one because I want to get some old backups loaded onto a dr4. I found a guy who had TWO NOS dr4vr’s that sat in a warehouse grande new boxed up. I get them Thursday and I should have this cable by then. Ill report back on if it works or not.

I also sent kraydad an email with links asking if they think their cable will work. Will follow up here just for FYI in case they do respond, otherwise ill know when I get all this gear together. Their cables are straight through (1 to 1 2 to 2 3 to 3 etc) so they should work in theory...
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:29 pm
marctronixx wrote:Thanks for rolling with me here.

Yeah vst wants 75 dollars and they have to make it. They don’t have the connectors even though it says in stock on the site

Ive been in touch with Dave there. They have to make the cable.

I went ahead and purchased a cable from kraydad (3 foot heavy duty cable) for 8 bux. Its already been marked shipped so we will see if it works or not.

Thank for your links. I have the manual. I used to have a dr4 when they first came out in the 90s but moved on to bigger and better. Now recently i was looking for one because I want to get some old backups loaded onto a dr4. I found a guy who had TWO NOS dr4vr’s that sat in a warehouse grande new boxed up. I get them Thursday and I should have this cable by then. Ill report back on if it works or not.

I also sent kraydad an email with links asking if they think their cable will work. Will follow up here just for FYI in case they do respond, otherwise ill know when I get all this gear together. Their cables are straight through (1 to 1 2 to 2 3 to 3 etc) so they should work in theory...

That would be cool if it works. Need to find the service manual for the machine. Perhaps the pin out configuration is in there. Looking forward to see if it works.
By marctronixx Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:43 pm
The cable should be here tomorrow.

Ironically VST has the service manual for the dr4s! :) this is why they can fabricate the cables on demand.

The cable place never responded to my call but took my money and shipped within an hour of me making the order. It should get there tomorrow along with the dr4vr’s that im getting. Wore case i just have t pony up the 75 dollars.

How if i can just find the DL4D remote!!!

Dreams man,,,dreams...

Will update...
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:22 pm
marctronixx wrote:The cable should be here tomorrow.

Ironically VST has the service manual for the dr4s! :) this is why they can fabricate the cables on demand.

The cable place never responded to my call but took my money and shipped within an hour of me making the order. It should get there tomorrow along with the dr4vr’s that im getting. Wore case i just have t pony up the 75 dollars.

How if i can just find the DL4D remote!!!

Dreams man,,,dreams...

Will update...

They pop up on ebay and reverb every now and then. Sometimes for 50 Dollars. Is it possible to use the Alesis Adat LRC remote control?
By marctronixx Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:19 am
would be nice if i could use the adat remote control. I see those everywhere.

yeah ill keep looking for the dl4d remote.....

so the cable from kraydad worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 bux. able to sync up the two with zero issues!!!!!!

Thanks for your interest bro.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 am
marctronixx wrote:would be nice if i could use the adat remote control. I see those everywhere.

yeah ill keep looking for the dl4d remote.....

so the cable from kraydad worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 bux. able to sync up the two with zero issues!!!!!!

Thanks for your interest bro.

That is wonderful news. I may have to pick up 2 Akai DR16. :lol: