New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Zcopp410 Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:25 pm
So iv never touched an mpc before. Im tryna get one and learn so i can start producing my own music. I need tips for a good mpc for under 350. Also where to start in the learning process when i get it. Thanks
By Cockdiesel Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:19 pm
See if you can find a used Mpc 500, 1000, or 2000. Not sure the prices, but when you get one come here and check out the Mpc bible offered by this site. They have one for every model.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:28 pm
+1
By T.B.A Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:17 pm
Get a MPC Ren/Studio. You could get one for around 300 bucks.
By Menco Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:55 am
All the above mentioned MPC’s are great to start with, but there is a ‘apple/banana’ difference between the hardware MPC’s and the Ren/Studio.

They both do what you need them to do when it comes down to learning how to make beats and how to use the MPC, but which one is the best option for you depends on a few factors.

- Do you like to work with computers, and does the thought of working on a small LCD screen sparks an allergic reaction? Or would you love to be away from a computer screen when composing?

- Do you even have a up to date PC/ Mac to work with? Or do you have a laptop that’s slow af from your highschool days running Windows XP?

- Do you have other gear, or can you borrow some other equipment or get it for cheap. Think about speakers/monitors or an interface or maybe a mixer in case you do want to record your hardware MPC into an audio editing software if you have a decent computer.

- If you do decide to go for a Studio or Ren it’s maybe good to know that the Ren comes with a built in audio interface, and for running the Studio+Software properly you will also have to buy an audio interface.

Bonus tip:
If you do decide to get a hardware MPC try to get a 1000 or 2500. Those models are capable of running the JJOS adding a lot more features and stability. In case you can get a good deal on a 2000 or 2000XL make sure they have the CF card reader/ USB upgrade.