Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By RossPlunkett Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm
Hey All,

I want to paint my entire 2500, buttons included, and I was wondering if anyone knew a good kind of paint to use, one that won't flake off the buttons or click wheel and fall into the machinery. I'll def. open it up and blast it with air a few times after painting it but still... just want to take care of it

I know there was a good photo guide for doing this I saw a few years back including taping up the buttons, but I think the images are gone now

Thanks,
Ross
By saltmcgault Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:06 am
have you checked out the skins at mpcstuff.com? i jumped the gun with excitement and i drilled a 3/8” hole for the contrast pod for the large screen when it was on its way. only to find out it doesn’t come with that anymore. so i bought a skin for it to cover the eyesore up. honestly i wish my faceplate was still original “with out the hole” but maybe get a skin for it. if you get tired of it you can peel it off. painting it would be pretty permanent. there’s a thread where dude redid his 1000 light blue and white pads. it’s pretty sic.
By JUKE 179r Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:22 am
As for painting the buttons, it'll look cool at first but it'll eventually flake away due to the oils from fingers.
Then you'll have paint flakes mucking up the inside of your MPC.
Find someone with a 3D printer to make them??? If the 3D colored buttons look good and hold up well under use, make some more and sell them for a profit.