Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By rageone Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:34 pm
haha got it anyway, 3 pads in a mute group is still ok for me, found a way around this and i also have a s2800 i could sequence... and that one has mute groups :) had to get it, i love the quality of older gear and the LOOKS! got a good price on it too... i`ll get it tomorrow probably so i`m off to read the manual :D
By THE ADVERSARY Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 pm
rageone wrote:haha got it anyway, 3 pads in a mute group is still ok for me, found a way around this and i also have a s2800 i could sequence... and that one has mute groups :) had to get it, i love the quality of older gear and the LOOKS! got a good price on it too... i`ll get it tomorrow probably so i`m off to read the manual :D

Hope you got a good deal that it will help if lines show up in the display.
That's the real issue with the 2k/2kxl. :(

I still think you should give Note Off a try.
By ghostkilla Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:59 am
since the 2kxl has a polyphony of 32 samples playing simultaniously theoretically you could make a sequence that has 31 samples playing but have them set to 0 volume in the mixer section. Now when u play with the samples u want to use they should cut eachother off no matter in what order you play them since they use the last voice of the polyphony. If you have kick snare hihat main sample then in theory you would have 28 samples set to 0 volume and use the rest of the voices u have left for the samples ur using. I dont know if this method would work since it all depends on how the 2k works with cutting of samples when polyphony is used to the max.
By Lampdog Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:11 pm
In theory it sounds like you would be right. I don’t know anyone who’s ever taken the time to use 30 full sequence loops in zero volume just to try this. This wouldn’t make a group (it’s called “mute assign” in the manual there are NO groups) though, it would make the whole mpc a singular mute assign and you’d have no control over which samples to be muted, it would mute everything, that’s not what I’d want.

This is a good guesstimate you have going. Are gonna put this experiment to work or what? I wont.
By tapedeck Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:41 am
just use a regular old mute for this situation.

also, sounds like you want a sp, just do that then, if you try to get one machine to behave like another it could drive you crazy.

now look, i'm all for hacking the hell out of the 2kxl, but damn this just doesn't seem worth it or controllable enough at all. you'd spend more time setting this up and getting it to work right than you would programming it in exactly how you want it via step edit.
By Lampdog Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:52 pm
MiRRog wrote:im looking to tap a pad not hold it down

Chapter 7: Creating and Editing Programs
Setting the Envelope
Page 122
(attack, decay and overlap will get you what you are looking for here per pad)

MiRRog wrote:and then when i tap another pad, it will cut off the previous one.

Chapter 7: Creating and Editing Programs
Setting the Voice Overlap
Page 126
"While Voice Overlap: is selected, press OPEN WINDOW."
This is where you make your MUTE ASSIGN, there is no mute group, it's called MUTE ASSIGN.
Read about the result of this below the example.

Go to your machine and actually do these things, gotta do it so you see how it works.