Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:36 pm
congrats to K-mo on the win.

He brings these samples to the table:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k75u43kf8r7u9r9/AACRapJzOCNw5GvqkEP314F0a?dl=0

Rules:
No outside sounds.
deck work is ok
Upload track to soundcloud or youtube.
Post in this thread.
No suckas
Beat must be posted by Tuesday night 13TH
make bangers!
:worthy:
By Consultio/Consultius Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:48 pm
hi congratulations kmo'

pk1 wrote:

nice flips. would like to hear Consultius's track change up.

hi thank u for the feedback. am new to all this and not so sure of terminology used sometime lol. is change up just a way of saying not enough work was done to it?
i hope am not anoying any1 by being here, i am new and lack skills and knowledge with my mpc .

its been fun taking part the last few weeks. so thank you everybody and best of luck in future. i will perhaps join in aagin someday if i get better, thanks :)
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 pm
Congrats on the win Kmo, look forward to checking out this weeks samples :smoker:

Consultio/Consultius wrote:
pk1 wrote:

hi thank u for the feedback. am new to all this and not so sure of terminology used sometime lol. is change up just a way of saying not enough work was done to it?
i hope am not anoying any1 by being here, i am new and lack skills and knowledge with my mpc .

its been fun taking part the last few weeks. so thank you everybody and best of luck in future. i will perhaps join in aagin someday if i get better, thanks :)

Basically what PK1 meant by track change up is switching the sequences up a little so it doesn't get too repetitive. If you listen to my last entry you can hear little change ups with the drums that keep it for sounding repetitive.

I normally do a 8 bar main sequence called Main01, then I might do anywhere between 3 to 6 different 8 bar change up sequences called Main02, 03 etc etc. Then it just a case of me messing around in song mode till I get it sounding half decent. So the finished sequences might look something like this in song mode

Intro
Main01
Main02
Main01
Main03
etc
etc

Your not annoying or pissing anyone off mate, we all been there as a rookie on the MPC, I would recommend you keep entering the battles as it's a great way to home and improve your technique, knowledge, skills on your MPC.
By pk1 Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:06 am
Consultio/Consultius wrote:hi congratulations kmo'

pk1 wrote:

is change up just a way of saying not enough work was done to it?

you not annoying me brotha. I actually favored your tracks groove. but i also liked Kmo. i chose kmo over your track because he had put together a done track. more change ups. The more you put in on these battles the faster you will see your growth. I think most heads on here can account a large part of their growth to participating in these battles. hope to hear you back this round
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:24 pm
This is a challenging round. No outside sounds, You have to use the drums too? I might have to break out the slow rendering and limited MPC 2000XL to force me to only sample the good parts, and make those drums hit harder.
By K-Mo' Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:This is a challenging round. No outside sounds, You have to use the drums too? I might have to break out the slow rendering and limited MPC 2000XL to force me to only sample the good parts, and make those drums hit harder.

Yeah drums too!
I like limited sound palette. Increaces the creativity.

Here's mine:
By saltmcgault Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:54 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:This is a challenging round. No outside sounds, You have to use the drums too? I might have to break out the slow rendering and limited MPC 2000XL to force me to only sample the good parts, and make those drums hit harder.

Yeah you're gonna have to do something with them. I was trying to chop and layer them last night. sounded like shit.
By K-Mo' Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:04 pm
saltmcgault wrote:

Yeah you're gonna have to do something with them. I was trying to chop and layer them last night. sounded like ****.

I used distortion on the snare. In the 2000 xl compressor might do the trick or maybe sampling it in little too hot?
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:29 pm
Had a free hour so I knocked this up on the 2500. Took a sample from each of the provided samples, chopped and layered the drums from the provided breaks

By saltmcgault Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:02 pm
Yeah you're gonna have to do something with them. I was trying to chop and layer them last night. sounded like ****.

I used distortion on the snare. In the 2000 xl compressor might do the trick or maybe sampling it in little too hot?

i've only tried the 2 drum samples l liked. i'm pretty sure im recording in fine. they just don't sound good chopped up.
By K-Mo' Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:37 am
saltmcgault wrote:i've only tried the 2 drum samples l liked. i'm pretty sure im recording in fine. they just don't sound good chopped up.

No I'm not dissing your recordings! I mean that you could sample it in little too hot, then you'll get distortion. Then right amount of decay to chopped up snare. That might sound like shit, but you never know. :worthy:
By saltmcgault Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 am
K-Mo' wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:i've only tried the 2 drum samples l liked. i'm pretty sure im recording in fine. they just don't sound good chopped up.

No I'm not dissing your recordings! I mean that you could sample it in little too hot, then you'll get distortion. Then right amount of decay to chopped up snare. That might sound like shit, but you never know. :worthy:

i know you’re not. i think i’m just battled out. i’m gonna try again tomorrow if i get some free time.
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:41 pm
saltmcgault wrote:

i've only tried the 2 drum samples l liked. i'm pretty sure im recording in fine. they just don't sound good chopped up.

I used effects to add more excitement to the drums. There was some precussion to sample, but I was kind of limited on the 2000XL.
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:44 pm
I had to take it back and use the MPC 2000XL for this one. I love how its limitations force me to be more creative and more particular about what I sample. This was a fun round.

By Sodamnfresh Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:38 am
So I just whipped this up. Only loaded up my MPC1000 with the sounds provided by Kmo... I hope you enjoy hehe :smoker: