Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By rikrubio Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:32 am
My old songs that im pulling up have a snare sound that doesnt sound the same. When I look at the sound to preview it, it sounds normal. When I put it through the program section then send it to a pad and hit it, the sample has a buzzing/high pitch ending. Its only for that sample!
Things ive tried:
Unplugging and plugging power cable
Checked velocity
Lowered master volume
Put at same velocity as other keys
Reuploading the sample
Chopping the end off (got worse)
Tried a couple of fx's
Different pads
This sample is perfect for my long and I dont want to lose it.
Any tips?
Thank You
By tapedeck Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:11 pm
check the bitdepth / sample rate of the sample. could it have gotten converted to something else? i have had low-bit samples that kind of 'fizzle out' at the end.

you could also post the sample here for better info.
By rikrubio Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Wal Martian wrote:Did you try taking out your RAM and cleaning the contacts, then putting it back in?

Worst case scenario I would try thi0,s but this is the only sample that does that sounds. I switch samples between the pad everything else sounds good. I find the sample again and for the first couple of tries it sounds normal, but gets that buzz after a couple of hits on the pad.
By rikrubio Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 pm
tapedeck wrote:check the bitdepth / sample rate of the sample. could it have gotten converted to something else? i have had low-bit samples that kind of 'fizzle out' at the end.

you could also post the sample here for better info.

Nothing has changed or been updated since this happened. The crazy thing is this is the only sample it happened to and even in the load folder, it sounds normal. I replace it and the sound works, but after a few thumps on the pad, it changes back to the sound with the buzz. How do I upload the sound with the buzz? I could attach the file but I would imagine it sounds normal because it sounds normal on the load screen for samples.
By Lampdog Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:26 pm
Change the pad, change the sample, if other pads and samples do this anywhere they are loaded then that is RAM going bad or needs to cleaned and reseated.
By Menco Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:11 am
In case it’s the sample itself try to resample it before the buzz kicks in. Rename it and assign that to the pad.

If that isn’t possible dump it in a DAW, bounce, rename and upload it in the MPC
By Lampdog Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:05 pm
Only for that sample? Put the sample in a daw, resave as 44khz, 16bit/ no metadata, uncompressed pcm wav.

Load that into mpc and see what it does.