MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:59 pm
My Live showed up yesterday, replacing my Touch.

As a heavy VST user, I've been wondering how much I could get out of this. To get full value from my Live, I'll probably be making more music on the go in stand alone mode, where samples will become more important to me. That would be where the bible comes in as I've been very light & basic with sampling.

Kovalsky wrote:Here is my hard copy of the bible.

Nice!

As an older school producer, I like hard copies of things (still buy records).
Tutor, is the hard copy available on MPC-Sample.com? I don't see it.
Is the hard copy the most recently updated version?
Is there any update process for hard copies?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm
There never has been a hard copy, that customer printed out a copy from the PDF. I have no plans to produce a hard copy, it just doesn't fit in with the way I want to maintain the book. Rather than create 'addendums' for the new content in each update, I tend to completely rewrite entire sections of the book to reflect new or updated features - in the last update I had to change over 300 screenshots throughout the book along with all manner of tweaks to reflect firmware changes, this is separate to the new tutorials I added to reflect new firmware features. This makes it virtually impossible to offer a reasonable upgrade process for people who may have bought a hard copy.

It would also mean each time I updated the book, all my existing book stock would become outdated, leaving 'print on demand' as the only option, which is very, very costly for 600+ page, full color A4 books.

I offer three different digital versions so all popular ereading options are covered (laptop, computer, ipad, smartphones, tablets, kindle etc). When I update the book, you simply download the new edition. You can also print a copy if you prefer.
By Bezo Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:03 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:There never has been a hard copy, that customer printed out a copy from the PDF...
Makes perfect sense. Didn't realize that was an after market job.

Danoc wrote:That book looks professional ass f*** Dam that looks nice! :-D
Exactly! Had me looking all over MPC-Samples for it.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Looking forward to the 2.3 update edition. :)

I no longer beta test so haven't seen 2.3 yet, but I'll get to work on a 2.3 upgrade edition for the Bible as soon as 2.3 is released. It might take a few weeks as it sounds like 2.3 is going to have a lot of new features.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:38 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:Looking forward to the 2.3 update edition. :)

I no longer beta test so haven't seen 2.3 yet, but I'll get to work on a 2.3 upgrade edition for the Bible as soon as 2.3 is released. It might take a few weeks as it sounds like 2.3 is going to have a lot of new features.

Right on!
By toodee Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:31 pm
Another day, another happy customer :nod:

I bought the MPC Bible today, thinking that although I'm not new to making music, I could do with some knowledge on the MPC workflow since the official manual is less than clear. I got way more than I thought I would, not just a better manual, but a companion to take me by the hand on the road to MPC expertise.
The amount of work that obviously went into this guide is impressive, the price asked feels like a bargain :worthy:
By r4nd0m Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 am
I got it myself - at the price of an expansion with update guarantee I couldnt let that one pass - though not much of a reader I found myself reading quite a bit already instead of just searching it for references
By Unreallystic Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:35 pm
I bought it maybe a month or so ago, its been a huge asset, I'm still trying to chew through it while balancing everything, but its amaed me how much I was missing, several times its been "I've never seen that screen before!" haha.

One thing it has done though is calm me down about upgrading to the MPC X. the better I get at navigating on the Live, the more I don't care about the extra buttons on the MPC X. However I do still crave 16 Q-Links...with OLED displays. My memorization game is NOT on point enough to for the Q-links to be "fast".
- Unreall
By D3V1L15H Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:34 pm
I got lucky. My awesome wifey printed it up at work for me. Nice glossy n thick pages. Handy spiral to lay it flat on any page. Its heavy as **** tho.

By Unreallystic Fri May 31, 2019 5:35 pm
I decided against printing the MPC Bible. I don't think you gain anything from it. I DID print the original MPC manual - and kept it for a good year, but due to the volume of pictures , you end up with lots of wasted paper, and something heavy to carry around with you.

Get a solid PDF viewer on your phone, you'll be JUST fine. I actually DLed the manual(s) for all my gear and dumping it on my phone so I'd always be able to get the info I need without having to search.

Also lets me use "Search", which as been handy a couple times.
- Unreall