Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By evancasas Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:41 pm
I've been using the onboard 16MB of RAM on my MPC1000 for a while now. I run JJOS and it's been stable. I decided I needed more onboard memory so I bought this expansion card - https://www.amazon.com/LAPTOP-Memory-14 ... Components

When I installed it and turned on the MPC the screen came on and displayed "MPC1000 128MB installed". The screen stayed on but the prompt disappeared for a couple seconds then came back. This cycle continued for a long time, on and then off, on and then off. It seemed to be stuck in that mode and won't launch JJOS. Do I have to reinstall JJOS or update it? I'm hoping someone on here has experienced the same thing. Thanks for any advice in advance!

-Evan
By arso96 Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 pm
It is now time for Akai to answer to it's consumers with something other than meaningless, vapid responses intended to sidestep the issue.

So I have two questions which I ask that a representative of Akai address directly:

First, did Akai deliberately deceive customers about the sampling RAM, or did someone make a mistake in all of Akai's adverts and on the packaging? It must be one of the two, so which is it Discord Adobe Reader iTunes?

Second, since it was either a deliberate lie or a serious mistake, what is Akai's plan to compensate customers who bought a MPC expecting the advertised 2GB of RAM for sampling?
Last edited by arso96 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JUKE 179r Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:13 am
I didn't realize the MPC1000 was just like the MPC500 in regards to being max memory limited to 128MB when installing 256MB stick of RAM.
That's ridiculous as well as deceiving.