MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sinik Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:49 pm
hello there

im thinking of ditching my LIVE for the X. reason: i just miss that hands-on control feeling that i had on my 2500 with the jjos. the layout on jjos was so nice you could navigate blindly.

as a former 2500 user, i wonder if the X will also give me that intuitive hardware layout where every knob sits in its perfect place and everything is reachable within no time.

im still aware of a few things:
– how much can u do from the controller, without using the touchscreen?

– is there a dedicated button for grid edit or quantize?

– can you shift notes in grid edit with the locate buttons and navigate trough the grid edit with the cursor?

peace
By arso96 Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:56 pm
I just bought an mpc x last week.

I checked the MPC Live and the mpc x and they are quite different.

The MPC Live works on battery and is smaller, it's quite convenient but the mpc x dedicated q link looks more appealing to me for a home studio use Tubemate Videoder Snaptube .

The price gap is huge, so i managed to find an ( not very )used one at a good price.
By zangetsu01 Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 pm
sinik wrote:hello there

im thinking of ditching my LIVE for the X. reason: i just miss that hands-on control feeling that i had on my 2500 with the jjos. the layout on jjos was so nice you could navigate blindly.

as a former 2500 user, i wonder if the X will also give me that intuitive hardware layout where every knob sits in its perfect place and everything is reachable within no time.

im still aware of a few things:
– how much can u do from the controller, without using the touchscreen?

– is there a dedicated button for grid edit or quantize?

– can you shift notes in grid edit with the locate buttons and navigate trough the grid edit with the cursor?

peace

There is no dedicated button for grid edit. You can use pad shortcuts for that. In 2.3 You can use the Q-Link to navigate trough the grid.