Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Pleasecruelty Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:04 am
Wallace wrote:Looks like we got some house peeps up in here, that's cool!

My favs are KC, Theo, MCDE, Moodyman of course, Dennis Ferrer's older jams, all that sampled stuff, deep and or soulful, 90s jackin' style with the filtered loops. All good.

I've been putting together some pretty tight grooves no my xl with very little exp. Great machine to just pick up and work **** out.
I've been doing all the obvious things like:

- sampling chords from old records
- sampling my synths (juno and dx7)
- taking 1 bar samples and filtering down to about 10 for the bassline
- splitting samples into mono sounds and panning for spread

I'm really missing reverb and delay (coming from software) but I love the way the mpc bounces down the sounds. I can get a lovely mix just within the XL if I pick the right sounds.

If anyone has some tips, post them in here. Any tips for using song mode to arrange or more house-centric things?

These are my heroes too, why I picked up an mpc. Moody goes home every night and makes LOVE to his according to that interview.
By loose_t Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm
My usual mastering guy is MIA. Anyone got a recommendation for someone who masters deep house who's not charging insane prices?
By hok-2 Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:26 pm
loose_t wrote:My usual mastering guy is MIA. Anyone got a recommendation for someone who masters deep house who's not charging insane prices?

A dude on here might be able to sort you out, Sems @Sosure Music.
He mixed this one
[url][url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_0XpUZY2rA[/url][/url]
By loose_t Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:43 am
hok-2 wrote:
loose_t wrote:My usual mastering guy is MIA. Anyone got a recommendation for someone who masters deep house who's not charging insane prices?

A dude on here might be able to sort you out, Sems @Sosure Music.
He mixed this one
[url][url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_0XpUZY2rA[/url][/url]

Hey thanks man, that track sounds great. I actually already managed to get something sorted this time but will make a note of this for the future :)
By loose_t Mon May 27, 2019 6:41 pm
I know there's some Mr G fans on this thread:
I just caught his first US show at a festival in upstate New York. It was phenomenal. Just using the 2000xl and a mixer, he manages to pack an hour set onto 32mb of ram. I was also impressed that playing live MPC, his sound was on par with the dj's playing mixed and mastered material. Very inspiring!
By JVC Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:48 pm
loose_t wrote:I know there's some Mr G fans on this thread:
I just caught his first US show at a festival in upstate New York. It was phenomenal. Just using the 2000xl and a mixer, he manages to pack an hour set onto 32mb of ram. I was also impressed that playing live MPC, his sound was on par with the dj's playing mixed and mastered material. Very inspiring!

I wish I was there. I've seen him live on YouTube, and it was really great, and yes, it is really impressive that he's able to pack all that material in mare 32MB (he never load data on MPC during set.)
By loose_t Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:17 am
JVC wrote:I wish I was there. I've seen him live on YouTube, and it was really great, and yes, it is really impressive that he's able to pack all that material in mare 32MB (he never load data on MPC during set.)

Yeah the festival itself was a mess, but worth it for Mr G alone.
By Asi29 Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am
JVC wrote:
loose_t wrote:I know there's some Mr G fans on this thread:

I wish I was there. I've seen him live on YouTube, and it was really great, and yes, it is really impressive that he's able to pack all that material in mare 32MB (he never load data on MPC during set.)

Maybe an interesting read:

https://djmag.com/content/mr-g-how-i-play-live
By tints Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:01 am
graintable wrote:Haven't been on here in a minute, nice to hear the new tunes on this thread!

Here's a lil' video jam I made last weekend. More disco than deep, but house vibes just the same.

Thanks for listening!

Probably the hardest detroit house guy of them all...on the mpc 2000xl. DJ DEZ, DEZ ANDRES, ANDRÉS.
Dont sleep..

He already flipped this classic GQ tune on this record.
Andrés - Is it cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQcZc1nA0c
By hok-2 Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:28 am
Apoleese again for the dead links.
This one is out now on Bandcamp.
It is mosty aranged in Cubase but originated from my mpc2000
The kickrum and snare are possibly the only two unchanged elements that I kept.

Cus, mpc's exel at kickdrums without any messing about with plug ins.
They always knock or just sound better.
Not sure if this still qualifies as Mpc house but it was an imortant part of it all.
PEAAAACE!
http://dirkslazenger.bandcamp.com/track/chinside