MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By emmarque Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:08 am
Picked up my Live last summer and been pretty happy with it, but ran into my first issue today and am stumped.

The issue I'm seeing happens when I try to audition one of the 2.3 synth plugins. If I select any of them and choose a preset, hitting a pad will only play what sounds like a chopped off bit of the beginning of the note. If I hold down the pad the note will repeat indefinitely. The sound itself doesn't change much between the presets or even synths. It always sounds like a propeller plane or some dude shooting a machine gun way in the distance. It's a staccato sound -- almost reminds me of a CD skipping. There's some slapback reverb going on a bit, too, I think.

The speed of the repeating sound is lowest at A01 and higher at A04, so it seems to be tied to the pad. Effects are off (as far as I can tell). This is starting from a fresh project, too.

I've watched some videos of people doing exactly what I'm doing, only when they load up a plugin they're able to start hearing the presets normally by playing pads, so I think there's something up with my machine?

If it helps, this issue seems to have just started happening with the 2.3 update. I've reset my system settings several time as well as re-installed the 2.3 firmware, no joy.
By czervas Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 pm
emmarque wrote:Picked up my Live last summer and been pretty happy with it, but ran into my first issue today and am stumped.

The issue I'm seeing happens when I try to audition one of the 2.3 synth plugins. If I select any of them and choose a preset, hitting a pad will only play what sounds like a chopped off bit of the beginning of the note. If I hold down the pad the note will repeat indefinitely. The sound itself doesn't change much between the presets or even synths. It always sounds like a propeller plane or some dude shooting a machine gun way in the distance. It's a staccato sound -- almost reminds me of a CD skipping. There's some slapback reverb going on a bit, too, I think.

The speed of the repeating sound is lowest at A01 and higher at A04, so it seems to be tied to the pad. Effects are off (as far as I can tell). This is starting from a fresh project, too.

I've watched some videos of people doing exactly what I'm doing, only when they load up a plugin they're able to start hearing the presets normally by playing pads, so I think there's something up with my machine?

If it helps, this issue seems to have just started happening with the 2.3 update. I've reset my system settings several time as well as re-installed the 2.3 firmware, no joy.

hi..what bank u have selected? If A u are to much down on scale..try another banks...
By oli@bass Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:40 am
emmarque wrote:The speed of the repeating sound is lowest at A01 and higher at A04, so it seems to be tied to the pad.

Way too low! Switch to the Banks D - G to play synths!
By emmarque Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:20 pm
Wow, I was a dummy. Didn't realize I'd have to cycle through the banks to find the right one. Chalk this up to one of those MPC things I wasn't expecting having come from a DAW background.