Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Graham wright Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:32 pm
Hi How do I remove the RAM from my MPC 500?I can’t seem to unclip it and there is nothing about it in the manual.
By bt2001bt Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:23 pm
No doubt you have read other posts where folks have broken the arms/tabs that hold the memory in place if they are pushed too far out.

I use a small screwdriver, such as a jeweler's screwdriver, and have had no issues removing the memory multiple times.

With the screwdriver, I usually push the left arm out slightly. I do the same on the right side, and the memory will pop up so that you can remove it. I push on the arms - outward - right where the arm tab sets into the memory card. It should not take much effort and the arms do not have to go out much at all.

Hope this helps ...
By Ill-Green Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:51 am
Which RAM do you mean; the internal or the one next to the battery compartment?

If its the one next to the battery compartment, you have to be very gentle not to break the plastic clips holding it in. It comes out for me by hand, but you should wear nitrile gloves to avoid static.

Is it used? Just asking, because the former owner may have broken the clips and crazy glued the RAM. It happens, hope not yours though.
By Graham wright Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:05 pm
Hi, thanks so much for the advice.Yes, I did get it second hand some years ago but its not been in use for some time.Ive had to learn how to use it again!No the clips aren’t glued but I’ve never changed the RAM in one of these before and I didn’t want to proceed without sound advice. It has already been expanded to 128 but the machine was playing up abit so I thought cleaning the pins and socket might be a good thing Thanks Graham