MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Schmidi Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:04 am
For some reason the autosampler isn't recording any audio, and I'm stumped.

I have a plugin program on track 1. I can hit pads and I hear the VST. (made sure the outs are 1,2)

I then go into the Sampler, switch inputs to Resample L&R. I can still play pads and hear the VST.

I hit the Autosampler icon up top. All the settings point to the VST track and I set it to a single layer, no looping etc.

I hit OK, it shows the progress box/bar, but there is no sound at all (every video I've seen you could hear the sampling happening). It's like it's not triggering notes for some reason.

I end up with a bunch of empty samples...???

I don't have a clue whats wrong. I've even physically plugged the outs to the ins...no change

UPDATE: It looks like you must rename the plugin program (it defaults as "Plugin 001", I changed it to the VST name and it worked!
By marco passarani Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:44 am
Hello there,

I keep experiencing the same issue you reported here. It doesn't happen with all the plug ins, but it still does happens. Right now I can't auto-sample a kontakt plug in. Tried to do what you did, but I didn't see any changes. Keep getting a silent bunch of samples. Any tips?
By JrTMoney2 Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:27 pm
I have a similar issue where while the samples are being triggered, sometimes a note plays full then the next one will only play for a split second, or they will all only play for a split second in the autosampler but the VST plays just fine. It's inconsistent and is difficult to find a pattern for why it happens.
By Cockdiesel Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:39 pm
@jRtMONEY2

I've been making alot of keygroups latley. The autosampler starts messing up if you have a ton of stuff in your project. I notice this on an empty project once I hit about 10 keygroups being recorded. I have to start a new empty project over again. Remember that keygroups are huge and take up alot of memory. Not sure if you're doing this stuff standalone, or with how much in your project but there is a limit that once passed makes things buggy.

I havent tried to make keygroups standalone in awhile but maybe you want to keep in mind everything else you have going on. I've been sampling 61 notes, in stereo, for min. 3500 ms and most that have sustain for 5500 ms with a 1500 ms tail..... My files are huge. I don't think I could do this with any sanity standalone, its a headache even using the softwware. I have the space on my computers, to hold them until I can refine them.

Off topic: anyone have ANY success making the autoloop and crossfade loop function work properly? I got it to work on maybe the lowend but then the higher notes would be messed up.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:37 pm
Looping is nonsense in autosampler; guess a set of loop points and then apply the same loop points to all samples, it's never going to work,you might get lucky here and there but they really need to come up with an autolooping algorithm like all the other autosamplers out there, although these all tend to be hit and miss.

The problem is that a lot of stuff is pretty much impossible to loop as there's too much movement. Looping instruments is quite an art, it can't be completely automated.

Autosampler is great for banging out simple stuff though, just skip the loops, sample a few seconds, with a medium note stride, single velocity
By JrTMoney2 Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:43 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:@jRtMONEY2

I've been making alot of keygroups latley. The autosampler starts messing up if you have a ton of stuff in your project. I notice this on an empty project once I hit about 10 keygroups being recorded. I have to start a new empty project over again. Remember that keygroups are huge and take up alot of memory. Not sure if you're doing this stuff standalone, or with how much in your project but there is a limit that once passed makes things buggy.

I havent tried to make keygroups standalone in awhile but maybe you want to keep in mind everything else you have going on. I've been sampling 61 notes, in stereo, for min. 3500 ms and most that have sustain for 5500 ms with a 1500 ms tail..... My files are huge. I don't think I could do this with any sanity standalone, its a headache even using the softwware. I have the space on my computers, to hold them until I can refine them.

Off topic: anyone have ANY success making the autoloop and crossfade loop function work properly? I got it to work on maybe the lowend but then the higher notes would be messed up.

Appreciate that. I haven't noticed this. Usually I'll have 1 or 2 keygroups, or it'll be a blank project and I'm trying to use the autosampler on a VST. I tried this in Controller mode.

I did notice a few things:

- If it's a native MPC Software VST, typically no issues
- A lot of issues in Kontakt where it may not even trigger the sound
- I decided to route the audio out from sound card back into the MPC and try it in standalone. No issues so far.

In Controller mode, if it wasn't working I'd just go back to MPC Tutor's walkthrough and that did the trick anyway - https://www.mpc-tutor.com/convert-plugi ... struments/