New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Heejin Cho Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:52 am
Hi.
I've been a Maschine user for a few years.
I used to make songs, but I wanted to be active not only as a composer but also as a performer.
But I found out a few days ago in practice that the Maschine is not as stable in live performance as I thought..
Which MPC should I choose to run a reliable live performance?
Within my price range, I have to choose between MPC Renaissance (Used) or MPC Touch(Used).
Please help me.
By Menco Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:50 pm
That’s a tough one, because it will kind off depend on your workflow and how you would like to setup things for live peforming.

Basically you choose between using mainly a touchscreen and 4 assignable q-link knobs (Touch), or no touchscreen, 16 q-link knobs and more dedicated buttons (Ren).

If I were you, I would download the MPC Software trial version (both machines run practically the same software) and try to get your head around the software, figure out how you will set up and control the MPC when peforming and decide from there. Maybe watch some Touch and Ren tutorials too so you can compair workflows.
By richie Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:20 am
Heejin Cho wrote:Please help me.

I wish that a website existed where we could find information about all the Akai MPC's and users experiences with it.