MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By thekenderman Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm
Hi all,

I am using an MPC Ren and have upgraded to 2.3.
With 2.2 I had minimal issues with Waves plugins (Gold Bundle, Abbey Road Mastering, etc...).

Since updating to 2.3, any Waves Plugin I use will crash without any warning.

Nothing has fixed it. I have tried:
Uninstalling Waves (the whole thing, waves central, plugins, folders....) and reinstalled.
Uninstalling MPC and reinstalling

I have since emailed Akai and await a response. I have contacted Waves and they referred me to Akai.

Anyone else have this issue?
By acura Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:35 pm
I bought the soundtoys plugin bundle during this years black friday sales. They work flawlessly in Logic Pro X. Can't use them in MPC Software 2.3 though, the software instantly crashes when I try to change any value.

How can I get 2.2 back?? I can't find it on Akais homepage... :WTF:
By thekenderman Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 am
So after a ton of testing and hair pulling I found some things.

I have the Renaissance and 2.3.

Whenever I have the Renaissance unplugged and I open 2.3 and plugins, no crash. I them turn on the Renaissance and start fiddling with plug-in settings and....crash!

I further tested this same scenario with the MPC Live and didn't have any issues.

The issue is narrowed down to comparability with 2.3 and the Renaissance.

On another forum a user tried my method above with their servers up (they have and MPC Black) and the same thing happened. No hardware = no crash.

I have advised Akai and they have escalated this off.

I don't know if that makes a difference but at least there is a somewhat workable solution.
By daniel f Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:33 am
Hey guys, any feedback on the topic? Did you solved it?
Still having troubles with external plugins, once i plug the mpc studio black
Regards,
By daniel f Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 am
daniel f wrote:Hey guys, any feedback on the topic? Did you solved it?
Still having troubles with external plugins, once i plug the mpc studio black
Regards,

Running mac with 16 g ram
By Kingcope Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:01 pm
Hey guys I'm having the same issues with certain wave plugins and native instruments plugins. Also when I use note repeat the note repeat timing window don't line up correctly with the soft keys. So I used an App called "App Zapper" to completely remove mpc 2.3 off the mac os and reinstalled mpc 2.2 now I have no issues. Also I had to rescan all my plugins tho. But I was able to pull up beats I made in 2.3
By unready Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:05 am
Is there any news on the fixes? Does anybody use Akai products in a professional environment?
I can't imagine, when a new version completely breaks the software, with no response from the devs :/
By thekenderman Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 pm
I use mpc for professional reasons and is the centre of most of my production. This update cripples everything I do and now looking to alternative options. I'm not exactly happy and Akai's silence is hopefully good news as they are working on a fix.