MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 pm
cloud777 wrote:The new native instruments komplete kontrol a61 doesn't work even tho its a class compliant keyboard
My brother returned an A49 for different reasons. They seem to be a VERY budget version of the S series.

My KK S49 works well in controller mode. Can't imagine it wouldn't perform in stand alone mode though I haven't had the need yet. I was hoping they releases an S25 this go around, but I don't need NKS compatibility in stand alone mode. The recent addition of plugins has me considering a mini for road with.

Great thread!
Bymember04959388 Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 pm
Arturia Keystep works fine.
If you connect it with just Usb, it loses the chance to use its internal sequencer and arp because it doesn't recieve midi.
But as a normal keyboard, it works perfectly.
By Danoc Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:40 am
:lol: lol

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:My Roland A-30 works with just usb connection. That's all l need it for is to play sounds.

Maybe this tread should be called, "I don't know how to get my midi controller keyboard to work. :lol:
By Bezo Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:14 pm
Damn Akai LPK25 Wireless is no longer on sale anywhere unless one of you all can provide a link. That's sounding like my favorite option, but I'll wait for another sale.

Can anyone speak to ANY pre-mapping between the LPK25 & Live or will I be MIDI learning everything? And can it send program changes to the Live in stand alone mode?

CME Xkey Air 25-key Bluetooth seems cool too, but for the same $200.
By Certified Beatz Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 pm
cloud777 wrote:The new native instruments komplete kontrol a61 doesn't work even tho its a class compliant keyboard

I was about to buy the A25 and still will just so I can control Maschine software I hate mouse clicking I own Advance 61 to play.. I guess I can use A25 I my DAW.. is it the USB cable?
By cloud777 Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:21 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:

I was about to buy the A25 and still will just so I can control Maschine software I hate mouse clicking I own Advance 61 to play.. I guess I can use A25 I my DAW.. is it the USB cable?

Im not sure but to get it to work you must unplug the usb cable and connect it again to make it work
By soundsafoolmusic Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:05 pm
I see a few people have commented on the Seaboard Rise.

It does not work with the live wirelessly so have to use USB.

The Live does not include MPE so you have to switch that off on the Seaboard via the Roli dashboard and set to piano mode. I can do a screenshot of setting if needed.

The Rise otherwise changes my whole playing technique and is an awesome bit of kit that you should not underestimate it. The amount of data it sets is astronomical so not at all convinced that the live could ever handle MPE as it seems to run out of steam very quickly if using as DAW replacement.

I am NOT a live hater before others start.

I still love my Live and stunned at what it can actually do and getting better all the time. those new softsynths are actually pretty good. I never new I loved electric piano!

I will try with my MS20 Legacy controller tonight and see what knobs, controls, wiring options do to the live. somewhat excited!
By CharlesRandolph Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:33 pm
soundsafoolmusic wrote:I see a few people have commented on the Seaboard Rise.

It does not work with the live wirelessly so have to use USB.

The Live does not include MPE so you have to switch that off on the Seaboard via the Roli dashboard and set to piano mode. I can do a screenshot of setting if needed.

The Rise otherwise changes my whole playing technique and is an awesome bit of kit that you should not underestimate it. The amount of data it sets is astronomical so not at all convinced that the live could ever handle MPE as it seems to run out of steam very quickly if using as DAW replacement.

I am NOT a live hater before others start.

I still love my Live and stunned at what it can actually do and getting better all the time. those new softsynths are actually pretty good. I never new I loved electric piano!

I will try with my MS20 Legacy controller tonight and see what knobs, controls, wiring options do to the live. somewhat excited!

Once the Seaboard is in piano mode, it loses it's true purpose. I've used it for about a month and it's very nice, however a draw back was the lost of finger strength and unfortunately the development of different habits that does not translate well to standard pianos.

My #1 weapon of choice is: Kawai VPC1 Virtual Piano Controller
By soundsafoolmusic Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Once the Seaboard is in piano mode, it loses it's true purpose. I've used it for about a month and it's very nice, however a draw back was the lost of finger strength and unfortunately the development of different habits that does not translate well to standard pianos.

My #1 weapon of choice is: Kawai VPC1 Virtual Piano Controller

Totally agree and loses the strength of what the rise does. I use the rise with live when travelling or pretending to listening to my wife when watching TV as a nice portable setup.

The main keyboard I use for Live when in my cave is my m-audio keystation pro 88 with weighted action. Its pretty awesome especially when using the live as a piano rompler. The new electric plugin is very nice when using that keyboard too.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm
soundsafoolmusic wrote:[
Totally agree and loses the strength of what the rise does. I use the rise with live when travelling or pretending to listening to my wife when watching TV as a nice portable setup.

The main keyboard I use for Live when in my cave is my m-audio keystation pro 88 with weighted action. Its pretty awesome especially when using the live as a piano rompler. The new electric plugin is very nice when using that keyboard too.

I wish they made more of the 88 Key Seaboard.
By Bezo Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:06 pm
Bezo wrote:
My brother returned an A49 for different reasons. They seem to be a VERY budget version of the S series.

My KK S49 works well in controller mode. Can't imagine it wouldn't perform in stand alone mode though I haven't had the need yet. I was hoping they releases an S25 this go around, but I don't need NKS compatibility in stand alone mode. The recent addition of plugins has me considering a mini for road with.

Great thread!
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but now that I'm using the Live standalone more, I just discovered my S49 does require a reboot to be recognized. Damn!

I just started shutting down the S49 manually & powering it on with everything else, but after the Live. Ehh well, there goes that little piece of convenience.