Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By fmmood Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:45 am
I just got an MPC1000, have no experience with this type of device. Using a 16 GB san disc card and JJOS.

I'm trying to load samples onto it and it keeps freezing completely. I have various drum folders- kick, snare, high hat, ect (Less than 2GB in drum sounds and songs I wanted to sample) on the memory card from my computer.

Initially I was able to cycle through each of these folders and test each drum sound out on the pads.. but after scrolling and testing a few.. it starts freezing up for about 5 seconds. Now it freezes completely just scrolling. Is this most likely a memory card or corrupt file problem or could it be a problem with the MPC itself? Is scrolling through the 2GB Folders of sounds what is overloading it? Any advice would be much appreciated .

* additional info - the drum sounds are various wav files from a j dilla and 9th wonder kit off my PC /FL studios. the songs to sample are full 3 minish songs in mp3 form, but i never even tried to open or play those yet, just tried setting up some drums
By Menco Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:05 am
Maybe the mp3 files are causing your MPC to freeze up.

Are you sure all the files have the correct format (16bit 44.1khz) and the names of the files are only 16 characters long or shorter?
By fmmood Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:18 pm
Menco wrote:Maybe the mp3 files are causing your MPC to freeze up.

Are you sure all the files have the correct format (16bit 44.1khz) and the names of the files are only 16 characters long or shorter?

haha nope.. i didn't even know that was a thing. Watched a tutorial for loading samples and they didn't mention anything about that. what does 16 bit mean? 16 kbps bit rate?

and pretty much all the drum sounds have shorter than 16 character file names.. but the MP3 full songs are probably much longer than that.. though I didn't try to load or even scroll through that folder. The file names having more than 16 characters can really make it freeze?
By Lampdog Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:52 pm
44khz 16bit PCM WAV

(uncompressed wav, no metadata).

Also Akai SND

Apple/MAC "SND" is not compatible.