MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Arhitek Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:07 pm
I’m trying to implement MPC Live in my daw workflow, but I’m having some issues with this process.
The final result will be to find a way to build my arrangement in daw (and not in MPC) and make it easier to construct a whole song in daw as a base. Only arrangement will work, but sequence+arrangement would be great.
And by doing this, I don’t want to miss on pads that I love.

I would be happy to achieve it either in standalone or controller modes.

I can envision it approaches:

1. Use it as a drum sampler/synth, but sequence and arrange it with daw MIDI. I can make a midi track in daw and drive the drum or instrument on MPC, but I can’t sequence it using drum pads on MPC. So I either need to draw the midi, or use keyboards for this, and I’m missing beautiful MPC pads in this case.
Is there a way to do it?
2. If i sequence everything in MPC, I would love to arrange the sound from DAW, so it would be great if I could change the sequences playing on MPC from daw MIDI track. Even just pad muting and channels muting would work.

The final result will be to find a way to build my arrangement in daw and make it easier to construct a whole song in daw as a base. Only arrangement will work, but sequence+arrangement would be great.
By Eyalc Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:21 am
Arhitek wrote:I’m trying to implement MPC Live in my daw workflow, but I’m having some issues with this process.
The final result will be to find a way to build my arrangement in daw (and not in MPC) and make it easier to construct a whole song in daw as a base. Only arrangement will work, but sequence+arrangement would be great.

I would be happy to achieve it either in standalone or controller modes.

I can envision it approaches:

1. Use it as a drum sampler/synth, but sequence and arrange it with daw MIDI. I can make a midi track in daw and drive the drum or instrument on MPC, but I can’t sequence it using drum pads on MPC. So I either need to draw the midi, or use keyboards for this, and I’m missing beautiful MPC pads in this case.
Is there a way to do it?
2. If i sequence everything in MPC, I would love to arrange the sound from DAW, so it would be great if I could change the sequences playing on MPC from daw MIDI track. Even just pad muting and channels muting would work.

The final result will be to find a way to build my arrangement in daw and make it easier to construct a whole song in daw as a base. Only arrangement will work, but sequence+arrangement would be great.

I’ll be honest and say that I don’t understand what you’re trying to do. Willing to bet that’s why there haven’t been any responses yet either.

A lot of us use the MPC in our workflows. Me personally, I construct anywhere from 30 to 80 percent of a song isn’t he MPC, then expert the stems to my DAW to finish. When I export stems to DAW all depends on how far I can take the song in the MPC. Sometimes moving to DAW where I have advanced editing and VSTi instruments available is better.

Anyway, that’s the simplest way I think, and I think it’s the way that will work for you.
By M.s Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 am
Mpc software is fairly new the daw world only version 2 so give it some time to develop into that one stop shop we all want. The most prominent Daws in the market are over version 10 with about 10 years of development. What I recommend you do is use the mpc for what it is best for. That’s creating!!! I also recommend you stay with the mpc sequencer as it is probably the tightest in the market. One you’ve generated your ideas you should export the your daw for arrangement and mix, master.. this is what I’ve been doing for years.. although it’s not the most efficient it does gives me the best of both worlds.. you can also use mpc software as a plugin but then your subtracting the sequencer of mpc in which I believe is better then that of any midi able daw. Just have fun with it.. and be patient.. mpc software will grow just needs time.. peace ☮️
By JohnnyKlick Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:09 pm
But wouldn it be nice if you could create in MpC/MPC Plugin an than have a track in your daw wich is sending arrangment cues wich are comanding the MPC to change sequences.

So i can use the DAW as a Mastermind while my MPC is taking care about the Mainpart of the MIDIstuff

Did anybody see a way to do this?
By Low3001 Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:18 pm
I also think it's sad that a standalone mpc can't link up with a usual DAW. One big step would be if the mpcs even were multitimbral.
By Monotremata Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:20 pm
Low3001 wrote:I also think it's sad that a standalone mpc can't link up with a usual DAW. One big step would be if the mpcs even were multitimbral.

The MPC is multi-timbral by design, and responds to incoming MIDI on multiple channels just fine too. It also 'links up' to a sequencer perfectly once you set it up properly.