MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By matt underwood Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:51 am
hi there, I've been using my mpc live in standalone since may'17 now. but since I bought a new MacMini last month i wanted to switch over to controller mode. Now my problem is that when I want to sample something there is no signal at all. I've checked all settings in the system preference and in the software.
in my Mac system/audio preferences the output and the input signal is set to MPC LIVE AUDIO. In the MPC Software as well, both input and output are set to MPC LIVE AUDIO. but still, i don't get any sound thru the Input 1,2 in the sampler. In standalone mode everything works fine.
What do I wrong or what do I missed??? :hmmm: Thank u and sorry my shitty English.
By zangetsu01 Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:19 pm
1) Check if you've also installed the driver
2) Go to Edit>Preferences>Audio and see if all the Active Input Channels are marked with a check.
By matt underwood Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:39 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:1) Check if you've also installed the driver
2) Go to Edit>Preferences>Audio and see if all the Active Input Channels are marked with a check.

thanx for the advice! :)

well.. I've re-installed the software and the mpc live drivers on my mac again. but still the same issue. i can use my mac in controller mode, i can open my projects, listen to them etc. everything works fine. but i just don't get any sound in sampler mode. (yes the monitor is selected)

btw: software input settings: I don't have any boxes and input channels which I could check. I have only "MPC Live Audio" there and I can't choose anything else. the only boxes which I can check are those in the "Active Output Channels" Section.. there I have MPC Live Channel 1+2, 3+4 and 5+6 with a checkmark selected.

Idk, that's kinda odd and drives me crazy.. I was really exited to finally use my mpc in cMode, but as long I can't sample.. its useless for me. :(
By matt underwood Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:40 am
zangetsu01 wrote:See picture below, that is what it should look like.

thanx for ur help, but as it look like u work on windows? cause as far as i know is ASIO not needed on a mac or not even available? anyways this is how it look like on my mac and as u can see I don't have "active input channels "!!!!???!!!

By NearTao Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:22 pm
I checked my settings and they look the same as yours. There is no "Input" selection options in OS X, so I don't think this is your issue.

Not sure if this helps, but here is a screenshot from OS X MPC Software Sampler... I'm definitely getting input through as you can see in the monitoring.

https://imgur.com/gallery/C5JxmPR
By sodajazz Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:22 pm
:Sigh:
MPC Live User here.
I have the same problem with version 2.5 in MAC.
I tried it in standalone mode, it works perfectly.
I read an article saying this is a bug needed to be fixed. Anyone here who tried sampling in controller mode version 2.5 in MAC? Kindly confirm if this is true guys. Lost so much time today figuring this out.
By r4nd0m Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:08 pm
Interesting- I tried the same yesterday - trying autosampling via midi and inputs - no inout at all ... thought it was me how I hooked it up but everything was in order checked by plugging in a headphone ... will investigate further after reading this
By Neuneu8 Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:40 am
I have MPC Live, my phono and line inputs work fine in controller mode and in standalone.. But there was a factory malfunction(I wouldn’t have noticed if I hadn’t bought myself a turntable) that I got fixed recently.. left phono input was making loud noise.. now it’s perfect.
By r4nd0m Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:28 am
ok I just had a look again:

Jack in from a device - phono or line settings - no input at all
RCA in from the same device - line - no input at all
RCA in from the same device - phono - I actually got input on input1/2
plugging in a jack into the port however seems to be recognised as I get a meter reading when doing so ...

I guess I will be calling the guys to check whats up ...