MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By acura Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:50 pm
Hello all,

I have updated to MPC Software 2.3.0 and I am using it with the MPC Renaissance. Since I encountered 4 bugs that I haven't seen being mentioned yet, here is a description. Can anyone confirm this? I hope Akai will fix this with the next update.

Bug #1 - Effects on pads can't be opened from Hardware:

In this project I have 2 effects on Pad A02 (red) and 1 effect on the whole Program 001 (yellow).

From the hardware, when I go to Program Edit > Effects, I try to open the Decimator on Pad Insert 1. Instead, the Vintage Compressor from the Program 001 is being opened.

From the hardware, if I want to open the PEQ 4-Band from Pad Insert 2, nothing happens.

--> Apparently, opening the pad inserts from the hardware opens program inserts instead.

Bug #2 - Time division settings on LCD are wrong:

You can see in the MPC Software, that a time division of 1/16 is set. On the LCD though, a time division of 1/32 is shown.

On the hardware, if I press F1 for 1/8, the value 1/16 is shown instead on the LCD. It's always off.
(I had a project, where this error went away after some time, altough I can't recreate why and how...)

--> Apparently, the implementation of time division values on the LCD are buggy. Obviously because of the implementation of the new arpeggiator...

Bug #3 - Description of instrument settings on LCD disappears:

When I want to edit an instrument plugin (Internal Plugins or External Plugins) in Program Edit and I hit any pad, the description of the settings disappears on the LCD, as you can see in the 2nd picture. When I change the page and return to the first page, the description has reappeared. This happens to every page and every instrument plugin, whether 3rd party or e.g. any of the new implemented internal instrument plugins like Bassline. As soon as I hit a pad, the description disappears.

--> The implementation of instrument plugin editing on the LCD is buggy now.

Bug #4 - Cursor highlighting on LCD disappears:

I admit this is a minor issue compared to the previous three, but nevertheless it's sloppy programming. :oops:

In a drum program, when I navigate to Program Edit > Samples > BPM, as you can see, the cursor disappears. I can still change values though.

My system description:
MacBook Pro Early 2013, 2.4 GHz i7, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
MPC Software 2.3.0
MPC Renaissance
By MPC-Tutor Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:31 pm
Can confirm 1 and 3, not seeing #2 though.

Bluescreen 2.0 is fairly unsatisfying experience all round IMO, didn't fix any of the existing issues from 1.9, e.g. no naming of files, still cannot load an entire folder from the hardware, etc, plus all a bit half hearted with regard to things like audio tracks (where's the waveform editing?), no UI improvements, etc . I don't expect any of those to ever be remedied and I doubt there's too many resources being assigned to this UI these days.

MPC 2.x for Ren/Studio is still worth the upgrade if you are happy mostly working in the GUI though!
By midnight genius Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm
tonemelle wrote:Akai software crashes when I use my Fabfilter plugins. Anyone else experienced this?

It crashes when I use the Guitar Rig plugin from Native Instruments.

This is what I just LOVE about Akai. As a Ren user, I had to deal with the monstrosity of MPC 1.X, which crashed every other day. Then I had to pay to upgrade to MPC 2.0 - only to deal with more bugs and crashes.
By acura Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:04 pm
Can anybody please tell me how to revert back to MPC Software 2.2.x?

I can't find it anywhere on their homepage and I can't work with the bugs in 2.3.0.

Thanks a lot. :worthy:
By jahm_b Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:05 am
tonemelle wrote:Akai software crashes when I use my Fabfilter plugins. Anyone else experienced this?

I'm experiencing the same thing. At first I thought it was some soundtoys plugins I had in my session but then I realized that it was most likely my Fabfilter limiter causing the crashing issue, so I had to remove it. Everything seems to be running smoothly for now....it's so annoying. I can't even work on anything without saving every second in fear that it will crash at any moment.
By T-Funk Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:13 am
jahm_b wrote:

I'm experiencing the same thing. At first I thought it was some soundtoys plugins I had in my session but then I realized that it was most likely my Fabfilter limiter causing the crashing issue, so I had to remove it. Everything seems to be running smoothly for now....it's so annoying. I can't even work on anything without saving every second in fear that it will crash at any moment.

Thanks for the heads up about the Fabfilter plugins.

After not using the Renaissance for over a year and purchasing a new Studio Black, I created a new template file as a baseline to start songs within the MPC Software and it kept crashing after a minute or two of usage. After checking the template file, it contained three Fabfilter plugins, which I do not use very often for templates in other DAW environments.

After replacing them with other options, the immediate crashes shortly after launching the software have ceased.
By unready Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am
Since the 2.3 upgrade, my Izotope VSTs are crashing. The interface loads up, but whenever you click on anything, it crashes the software. I'm using Ozone 8 and Neutron Elements. Really sad, since I use them on several current projects :(. I can't find a way to revert to 2.2 so I am really in a rut here. I have tried reinstalling the MPC software, MPC driver and all the plugins to no avail.
By acura Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:01 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You have to completely uninstall 2.3 using the provided uninstaller (on a Mac, 'Library > Application Support > Akai > MPC > uninstall MPC'), reboot, and then install 2.2.

Hello MPC-Tutor,

I want to revert back to 2.2. But, since I initially purchased a MPC Renaissance and I upgraded to MPC Software 2.0, I only have MPC Software 1.9.x in my Akai account.

On Akais website I have come across this:

Unfortunately, all it shows is my license key. There is no MPC Software download link...

So, essentially, there is no way for me to download MPC Software 2.2... Do you know any other option? Thank you in advance! :worthy:
By T.B.A Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:10 pm
acura wrote:Hello all,

I have updated to MPC Software 2.3.0 and I am using it with the MPC Renaissance. Since I encountered 4 bugs that I haven't seen being mentioned yet, here is a description. Can anyone confirm this? I hope Akai will fix this with the next update.

Bug #1 - Effects on pads can't be opened from Hardware:

In this project I have 2 effects on Pad A02 (red) and 1 effect on the whole Program 001 (yellow).

From the hardware, when I go to Program Edit > Effects, I try to open the Decimator on Pad Insert 1. Instead, the Vintage Compressor from the Program 001 is being opened.

From the hardware, if I want to open the PEQ 4-Band from Pad Insert 2, nothing happens.

--> Apparently, opening the pad inserts from the hardware opens program inserts instead.

Bug #2 - Time division settings on LCD are wrong:

You can see in the MPC Software, that a time division of 1/16 is set. On the LCD though, a time division of 1/32 is shown.

On the hardware, if I press F1 for 1/8, the value 1/16 is shown instead on the LCD. It's always off.
(I had a project, where this error went away after some time, altough I can't recreate why and how...)

--> Apparently, the implementation of time division values on the LCD are buggy. Obviously because of the implementation of the new arpeggiator...

Bug #3 - Description of instrument settings on LCD disappears:

When I want to edit an instrument plugin (Internal Plugins or External Plugins) in Program Edit and I hit any pad, the description of the settings disappears on the LCD, as you can see in the 2nd picture. When I change the page and return to the first page, the description has reappeared. This happens to every page and every instrument plugin, whether 3rd party or e.g. any of the new implemented internal instrument plugins like Bassline. As soon as I hit a pad, the description disappears.

--> The implementation of instrument plugin editing on the LCD is buggy now.

Bug #4 - Cursor highlighting on LCD disappears:

I admit this is a minor issue compared to the previous three, but nevertheless it's sloppy programming. :oops:

In a drum program, when I navigate to Program Edit > Samples > BPM, as you can see, the cursor disappears. I can still change values though.

My system description:
MacBook Pro Early 2013, 2.4 GHz i7, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
MPC Software 2.3.0
MPC Renaissance

Wow this is not a good look for Akai. Did somebody report these bugs to them? I recently got a MPC Ren and was looking into buying the Studio Black for the 2.0 software but now I don't know if it will be worth it.
By acura Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:00 am
Hello T.B.A,
I have reported this to Akai. Until they fix these bugs, I reverted back to 2.2. This works a lot better. But it is obvious that they don't care a lot about the Ren anymore...