MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cncptr1 Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:01 pm
Hello there!
I recently posted a topic asking help for the export functions. Well i actually learned how to do it but another issue came up. When i go into song mode to make my finished music a sequence some tracks are missing from the export even if checked the explode function. I tried to make new sequence for each sequence but there comes another issue. I export my tracks but some tracks like my basslines are getting muted at some point. For example i exported them to load them in my fav daw. My bassline was working fine until it got muted for 1 sec and then came back. Like the mpc didnt export some frequencies in the waveform. Im totally new to the mpc x workflow as long as ive been using 2500 so im sorry for not understanding some features.

Thanks in advance!
By Danoc Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:47 am
Did you explode your tracks before you exported?

You have to explode twice. Once in the sequencer where you separate each each sound/pattern to have its own track. Track one will always be muted.
The 2nd explode happens when you are in the export window. Check the explode box then export
By cncptr1 Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:38 am
Actually i did. I dont understand why my piano keygroup got muted when i converted from song mode to sequence. Also i dont understand why my bassline lost some waveform frequencies during export. I have to mention that i was in controller mode. Maybe this is a software bug
By Eyalc Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:42 pm
Make sure you don’t have any mute automations.

And make sure you’re using the same instruments on the same tracks across sequences. Sequence 1, Track 1 = kick, then make sure sequence 2, track 1 is also the kick.

Btw, it would be cool if there was a trouble-shooting share drive on this site, so that people could upload their projects for others to troubleshoot. In this case, OP could upload his project so that others more experienced could help.
By cncptr1 Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm
Actaully i was thinking that before you reply but i wasnt sure if that was the issue. Thanks brother! i Appriciate it
By Danoc Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:55 pm
Hmmmmmm you're definitely doing something wrong, I'm not there with you can can't see the actual problem. Make sure you keep the "Automation Write" off. I did that a couple of times it was on and things here muted. I make sure now it's off. It jumps on for some reason when you record. It will record your every move, then when you go to export you're like "WTF" :WTF:

cncptr1 wrote:Actually i did. I dont understand why my piano keygroup got muted when i converted from song mode to sequence. Also i dont understand why my bassline lost some waveform frequencies during export. I have to mention that i was in controller mode. Maybe this is a software bug
By Bezo Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:54 pm
I was under the impression Explode Tracks wasn't available in Song Mode when Exporting.

Pg. 101 "Check Explode Tracks to create a mixdown of each track used in the sequence (you cannot use this option for an entire song).

Is that not accurate?
By cncptr1 Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:34 pm
Well look.
To be fair, mpc software/hardware is really great. But im pretty sure it lacks in some situations.
First of all why i must explode my program and create 16 more tracks in my sequences just because i want my stems separated? It's missing the point and im pretty sure other people will aggree with that. I used to be a mpc 2500 user and i changed to maschine. Maschine had the feature to export pad by pad. So you dont have to mess with the drums every single time. Now i changed to mpc, which is great for my job as i said but still it cockblocks me sometimes. I dont know if i do something wrong or maybe there is a way to do it without messing with the explode function. I hope someone has the answer
By Eyalc Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:45 pm
I've always thought from song mode, having to create one sequence, then exporting and selecting "explode" is unnecessary. I would rather the software do all of that in the background. From Song Mode, add a "export stems" function, and allow me to set audio parameters and an output location, and do it. The result is a directory containing all of the stems. It should handle all the rest in the background.

The first goal of the software should be to maintain the integrity of the song as I've composed it. Like you said, exploding and having 16 additional tracks is silly. It's not how you composed it, and the software forcing a paradigm shift on the user is never a good idea. Same with my example above. I don't work in one sequence, so forcing me to create one is silly. Do that stuff in the background when I export, and leave my sequence structure alone.

None of this is critical from the perspective of me being able to compose a song. It's just annoying.
By Bezo Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:10 pm
Somewhat related to you all's complaints regarding exploding tracks, one of my biggest gripes is that the software doesn't support multi-output plugins. I use VSTs for drums the overwhelming majority of the time, and not being able to put kit pieces on individual tracks is a PITA.

Until vast improvements are made to the software regarding mixing, I will continue to mix in Logic. But I can't even perform basic sound designing on drums in the MPC software, at least not outside of the plugin. The suggestion made to me was to explode the track. But that's 3-12 MORE VST TRACKS depending on how fancy I get with the drum programming & sound. No way!

To make it worse, I'm probably one of the few using drum VSTs and an MPC Live, so the chances of this being addressed may be slim to none. Slim only because this feature can be useful for other types of VSTs.
By Caustic Yoda Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:14 am
32track Real time record out to daw multitrack out is much safer than explode tracks/render separate tracks option, it rarely comes out like it suppoesed to, this way you can render tempo changes etc that song mode cannot convert to seq. i use reaper and rea-route driver but works on any daw with sound flower etc, well worth it. if your stuck i can try explain this method better but you get exactly what you hear rather than a bunch of artifacts and glitches
By Rose le cowboy Wed May 15, 2019 6:00 am
Hi,

Recording live 32 out through the software sounds really nice.
I have succeded with audio tracks
but failed with midi tracks.
It seems 32 out routing only works with programms instead or exploded midi tracks (for individual drum kit pad sounds by example).
Any help?
Regards
By Rose le cowboy Wed May 15, 2019 5:34 pm
Rose le cowboy wrote:Hi,

Recording live 32 out through the software sounds really nice.
I have succeded with audio tracks
but failed with midi tracks.
It seems 32 out routing only works with programms instead of exploded midi tracks (for individual drum kit pad sounds by example).
Any help?
Regards
Bymember04959388 Wed May 15, 2019 5:58 pm
Honestly, whenI tried to export from Mpc when I bought it, I just decided not to use this function anymore.
It's really confusing and unpredictable.
I just record all in real time, connecting the 6 outputs to a firewire mixer and then the mixer to a Macbook.
I play, I record. All automations I make them in real time, I don't even save them.
I think this way Mpc works really good, giving you the chance to build your music as you play it.
After that, I make the final mix and mastering with Studio One.
If I had to work on an Mpc like I worked with a Daw, meaning saving automations and exporting stems and so, I just wouldn't use an Mpc.
It's not good at that.