Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By angelabelly Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:37 am
Hello everybody, i have a problem with my mpc 500 as a midi sequencer that I can’t solve it and I didn’t found any forum that can help me.
The problem is that I try to sequence some hardware synths using midi tracks in the mpc and when im doing it, the mpc and the other gear connected to the mpc freeze for a second and then stars working again, but after that akai mpc does not send any more midi messages to the gear, for controlling or playing a synth or from tracks already recorded, its like a bizarre midi out turn off.
This happens every time I use the mpc 500 with no exception, sometimes 20 minutes after y turned on, sometimes an hour later.
enyone can suggest me what can i do.
By mr_debauch Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:01 pm
well if you have the latest version of the OS and this is happening... perhaps it's a bug that never got fixed. If that is the case, it never will be fixed so you should consider getting a different mpc model.
By Ill-Green Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:56 am
Reinstalling OS 1.31 helps. I see this problem many times here. Should be up at http://www.akaipro.com/mpc500.

If it problem continues, try to see if its the unit itself that is causing problems. Sometimes its bad RAM internal or the external 128MB RAM, if you have the 128MB chip, check if its snugged in place. Some cases, if the internal RAM is bad, installing the 128MB RAM will sort it out.

Also another glitch imposer can be the card reader. If a pin is bent and touching another pin, things can get wonky.

Try out another MPC500 whether from a friend, music shop or pawn store if you can and see if the problems are on other units.
By fuzuku Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 am
Check if the other Synths have their internal sequencer as well, and turn them off, or set them to receive only outside source clock (Start-Stop).
By JUKE 179r Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:21 am
alexparez wrote:well if you have the latest version of the OS and this is happening... perhaps it's a bug that never got fixed. If that is the case, it never will be fixed so you should consider getting a different mpc model.

Are we trying to get our post count up? :hmmm: