Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By cunoSvaa Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:24 pm
ok so lately I've been pulling all of my gear out and tying it all together...

had to get rid of all my old recording gear and mixers took up too much damn space!!!

so with that being said...

I have my
mpc 2500
s950x2
sp1200

now i have them midi'd up

i have heard the apollo 8 in action and wow... all i can say is ill never need another piece of gear (hahaha hopefully)

my main point is since the UAD Apollo 8 has no midi...
I have a shitty midi interface from back in the day ima use to control the midi

at least in my head id like to run the sound through the apollo for the pre amp and the plugins for the channels and control the midi via the midi block (presonus)

now... is there any way to time them? like how can i hit play on the mpc and have it play on cue?

i don't know I'm a rookie at all of the recording stuff id love to have it on time though

i can't be chopping up little pieces to get them on time in either logic or ableton or protools...

so if there is anybody out there that has had the same reasoning or problem with recording

please hit me with the wisdom!

its kinda pricey to do all this just to be able to record with out all the big gear or studio set up just me my headphones and the small set up i currently have.

or if somebody can point me to a place with all the info!
By cunoSvaa Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:33 pm
nobody? perhaps somebody spelled all this ish out already and can point me to a previous post...

just trying to figure out the easiest way to record with the 2500 and some other gear...
By Lampdog Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:18 pm
Are you hell bent on getting an expensive audio interface without midi features?

Can your old midi device connect to computer? Apollo will have nothing to do with midi, just audio.

Midi to computer daw will be handled by your old device if that old device can be connected to a computer.
By cunoSvaa Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:26 pm
HAHAHA DEF NOT HELL BENT... but have you heard the pre amps and sound on the Apollo 8...?

best ones ive heard in a long time with out all the space.

ive wanted to not compromise the sound since i have the gear that has it...

just curious if anybody else had one and used another midi router and how they got it to time right... ive just let some quiet space for it to all catch up and play.