Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Hepkat Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 pm
Whats up gang? At the moment I'm resampling drums and the likes from my s950 into my 2500 for efficiency, it does me fine but when its resampled it loses some of that 12bit grit! Im just wondering is there a way to transfer a sample from 950 to the 2500 other then resampling? Via usb drive or cf card or something?
By Menco Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:03 pm
Maybe record the sample into daw, bounce and import into 2500?

From what I remembered I always used to get the best sound out of the S950 by really working the sampler. Experimenting with the bandwith, pitching, filtering, chopping, setting envelopes and keeping all samples in the box till tracking out.

Btw, do you sample the S950 in mono into the 2500?

EDIT: if you can get your hands on a (usb) floppy disk you can export your samples to your computer thru floppy disk.
By richie Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 pm
with JJ OS, I have mine set to input thru, so I handle all the sampling on the S900 and then control everything from the MPC.

If you want the samples on your MPC, then sample them into your MPC from your S950. That is the most rational way of working. Sampling from the S950 back into the DAW to then chop up and put on a CF card is a longer process in many instances.
By Hepkat Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:17 pm
I usually record stereo into the 2500 and then playback the sample with the L+R setting in the program, as far as I know this merges the two channels into one mono down the middle, then Ill record that into the s950, and back into the 2500! But it loses a lot of crunch! Ideally Id set up midi between the two and run everything through a mixer and have things coming straight from the s950! But Im stuck for room atm with my living situation and its driving me insane not being able to use the s950 the way it deserves! Thanks for the input guys! I havent thought about just setting up a midi and running the s950 back through the input thru of the 2500 without actually recording! Id imagine this would maintain a lot more of the crunch Im looking for?
By Menco Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:04 pm
Running the S950 through the 2500’s input thru and use it as a mixer probably will give you the best and most efficient result when space is a factor.
By Hepkat Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:05 pm
You lose the true sound of the s950 because when you resample into the 2500 your running the signal through the AD/DA converters which further compresses the signal to the 2500s frequency response, where as if you run the signal through the input thru your not actually going through the converters, so I think anyway. I know thats the case with the s950 anyway that you actually have to record something into it to get the 12 bit atrtifacts, if you run a signal straight through without recording, its just going out the other end not effected!
By Hepkat Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:10 pm
Ohh yeah, thats why I was initially asking about transferring samples without resampling, so I don't have to run the s950s signal through the 2500s converters!