MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:47 am
List all your 2.3 bugs here so fellow users can double check your bug recreation and confirm whether or not they are also experiencing it.

Important:

Please provide a detailed, step by step recreation of the bug with enough information so someone can easily recreate the bug. Include project files, videos, screens and other relevant examples where possible (use dropbox link or similar).

If possible, also try recreating your bug in the computer software as well (in which case, please also state your system details, specifically, computer OS version).

Please note this is in no way an official bug reporting system, Akai are not involved in any way so just listing a bug here will do nothing to get it fixed.

OWN YOUR BUG - that means YOU need to report it to Akai via the MPC Software 'report a bug' smiley icon (bottom right of screen when the browser panel is open). Or send Akai an email. http://akaipro.com/support/contact. Be vocal, post it up on social media, post it at Akai's support forums. No one else is going to report it for you, so please take the time to do this.

BTW, Akai have stopped providing detailed feedback on what bugs they have fixed so it's left to customers to do the grunt work to discover exactly what was actually attended to. If your bug gets fixed, please do report back to this topic to let us know.
By zangetsu01 Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:45 pm
[Bouncing Samples 24bit Bug]

When setting your record bit depth and bouncing bit depth to 24 bit:

(Preferences > Record/Export)

Regardles of what your settings are it will render your file at 16 bit.
This a confirmed and reported bug by many of us.

I will report this again.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:57 pm
To add to that previous:

Load 24 bit sample
SAMPLE EDIT > CHOP
Chop it and hit CONVERT
Select any destructive chop method > Do it
Slices are all 16 bit.

Reported (along with the bounce to audio and bounce to samples) and according to Akai reps on Gearslutz was pencilled in to be fixed in 2.3, but wasn't.

Flatten Pad was fixed though as was 'drag and drop' export audio.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm
MPC Live hardware

Preferences > Hardware > Screen Brightness: Day (or Night, doesn't matter)
At some point in most sessions, randomly, the screen starts flickering. Cannot find exact steps to recreate, seems completely random.
Go to back Preferences > Hardware and 'Screen Brightness' option is now blank and cannot be changed with data wheel.

Fix: double tap 'Screen brightness' and select either night or day from the pop up. Instantly remedies flickering, so have to assume it's a software issue.

Been like this since initial firmware. Reported long time ago. Lots of reports about this on the Akai support forum.
By Danoc Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:33 pm
Is this a problem in standalone or controller mode or both?

MPC-Tutor wrote:To add to that previous:

Load 24 bit sample
SAMPLE EDIT > CHOP
Chop it and hit CONVERT
Select any destructive chop method > Do it
Slices are all 16 bit.

Reported (along with the bounce to audio and bounce to samples) and according to Akai reps on Gearslutz was pencilled in to be fixed in 2.3, but wasn't.

Flatten Pad was fixed though as was 'drag and drop' export audio.
By jackmate Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:20 pm
MPC Live standalone

Auto sampler:
- misses out notes after recording longer than 30 sec.
- pitch mishaps when sampling less than every single note

Performance mode: (playing external gear)
- fires off random Midi cc messages like pitch while playing
- adds random notes while playing

Memory Check:
- when activated from the Sample-Editor, it makes the live freeze for some secs., being
unable to use screen or any button during this time
Last edited by jackmate on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Caustic Yoda Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:55 am
X/Y fx screen lag in controller mode. currently in controller mode screen update when using xy fx the frame rate drops to about half speed and is unusable
By Mr36 Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:13 am
Random relatively low velocity pad triggers (usually Pad 1 but not always) when pad threshold set to 2 or lower (only tested with curve A and have not tested all permutations of pad threshold/sensitivty). Not yet reproduced when pad threshold set to 3 or above.

MPC Live
Standalone
v2.3
By Cclong Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:09 pm
Can’t save audio mix down / bounce to audio file or sample with many instances of automation in tubesynth (standalone MPC )

Initialize tubesynth and set automation to writr and record a couple tracks of automation. Stop sequence and try to bounce to audio file...no recording appears ....

Also am i missing something or is there no way to save user presets and have them show up in the preset list beside the factory ones ? Or from the drop down ?

Why cant song mode be accessed while a sequence is playing ??
By billion Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm
I may of found a bug but not 100% sure.

I have a Yamaha MOX6 connected to an MPC Live. I have a preset on the MOX6 set with a volume of 75. The MPC Live MIDI Channel Mixer also has the volume set at 75. When I hit PLAY START on the MPC Live, it changes the preset volume on the MOX6 to 26. However, if I just hit PLAY on the MPC Live, then the preset volume on the MOX6 stays unchanged. Furthermore, the volume slider on the MPC Live remains visually unchanged, but when I double tap it to make it large, the volume pops back up to the 75 level.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:39 am
Autosampler Bug: Multi velocity sampling

Choose the following velocity ranges, specifically where 'Layer 1' is not 127:

Layer 1: 119
Layer 2: 96
Layer 3: 55
Layer 4: 18

I sampled 119 as I felt at 127 the patch was a bit harsh sounding. However, the resulting program's highest triggered velocity in any keygroup is 119. So basically the program doesn't play any sounds with a velocity higher than 119.

Expect: the program to always set the highest layer's range to 127, even if it only initially records the sample at a lower velocity. So all keygroups must still cover the full 0-127 range, regardless of the actual velocities it recorded at.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 am
XYFX Bug:

MPC adds additional XYFX events to start of sequence, even when writing was actually made later in the sequence. Result is the effect begins at the start of sequence.

Workaround: in list edit, find the 'Enable' event at 01.01.000 and set its value to 0.

Apparently according to Dan, this is not going to be addressed via a minor bug fix release, instead it's being assigned to 2.4, which is hopefully coming in a few months.
Bymember04959388 Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:06 pm
I just noticed that if I export normalized samples from Mac hard disk to Mpc hard disk and play them with Mpc at unity volume without any warp or effects, just as they are, they clip immediately.
that's a bit weird and I have the suspect is related to the conversion inside Mpc from the original 24 bit to internal 32 bit.
Unfortunately there is no way to lower the waveform and I can only lower the volume to something like -6 db