MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By T.B.A Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:29 pm
acura wrote:Hello T.B.A,
I have reported this to Akai. Until they fix these bugs, I reverted back to 2.2. This works a lot better. But it is obvious that they don't care a lot about the Ren anymore...

Man thats a damn shame. I came over from using Maschine because I saw the potential of the 2.0 software but if its not gonna be well optimized for the Ren/Studio then I might as well just go get myself an MK3 instead.
By tonemelle Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:22 pm
midnight genius wrote:
tonemelle wrote:Akai software crashes when I use my Fabfilter plugins. Anyone else experienced this?

It crashes when I use the Guitar Rig plugin from Native Instruments.

This is what I just LOVE about Akai. As a Ren user, I had to deal with the monstrosity of MPC 1.X, which crashed every other day. Then I had to pay to upgrade to MPC 2.0 - only to deal with more bugs and crashes.

Agreed. The first few years of MPC 1.x was THE WORST experience I ever had with a DAW EVER. But I stuck it out. The DAW has become alot better though, but they gottawork out these kinks when it comes to third party plugs
By tonemelle Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:24 pm
jahm_b wrote:
tonemelle wrote:Akai software crashes when I use my Fabfilter plugins. Anyone else experienced this?

I'm experiencing the same thing. At first I thought it was some soundtoys plugins I had in my session but then I realized that it was most likely my Fabfilter limiter causing the crashing issue, so I had to remove it. Everything seems to be running smoothly for now....it's so annoying. I can't even work on anything without saving every second in fear that it will crash at any moment.

Fabfilter plugs definitely crash the DAW and also the Effects Rack from Soundtoys aswell. As soon as I place another Soundtoys plugin within it, it crashes immediately.
By arso96 Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:19 pm
Hello, Since 2.3 when copying a portion of the grid on the same grid, screen commands work more. Require to press a few seconds on power to restart. On the other hand, the stop reading works. I did not have a problem before. Qqun to the same thing? It's for a midi track. And I have 12 sequences in my project.
By arso96 Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 pm
arso96 wrote:Hello, Since 2.3 when copying a portion of the grid on the same grid, screen commands work more. Require to press a few seconds on power to restart.

On the other hand, the stop reading works. I did not have a problem before. Qqun to the same thing? It's for a midi track. And I have 12 sequences in my project.

DigitalOceanSiteGroundiPage
By LabDog Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 pm
2.3 is also crashing on the following UVI plugins: PLATE WIN-X64 Version: 1.0.4 | Updated: 2018/11/08, Relayer WIN-X64 Version: 1.5.2 | Updated: 2018/02/15, and THORUS WIN-X64 Version: 1.0.1 | Updated: 2018/02/15
By LabDog Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:45 pm
MPC 2.3 crashes with Captain Plugins VSTi

MPC 2.3 is crashing on the following Captain Plugins VSTi:

Captain Plugins 2.0 (CaptainVST 2.2.3583.0 & Latest version CaptainVST 2.3.4483.0)

Captain Chords
Captain Deep
Captain Play
Captain Melody *Beta only! (Included in CaptainVST 2.3.4483.0 Only)

https://account.mixedinkey.com/captai...

The plugins scan in without issue. They even load without issue, however, the MPC simply crashes upon attempt to access their UI's.

To reproduce, load plugin and attempt to launch their UI's. Upon attempt, the MPC software will crash; simply vanishing.