MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dylanfree Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:56 pm
Surface Pro3 i7 8GB, 512GB Win 10 64bit
Reaper DAW 64-bit
MPC X 2.3

When running MPC X in controller mode using MPC 2.3 Application, the use of system resources seems ordinary.

However, running MPC X in controller mode using MPC64.dll (2.3) as VSTi in Reaper, the use of resources goes extraordinarily high to the point of CPU thermal throttling!

I haven't seen this happen with any of my other VSTis.

The high CPU, system resource usage starts occurring the second the MPC64.dll VSTi is loaded onto a DAW track, without ANY audio activity occurring. The high CPU, system resource usage CEASES the second I the VSTi is unloaded off the DAW track.

Highly repeatable: simple open empty DAW project, create track, load MPC64.dll as VSTi on track, monitor system resources with Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility.

The plots below start with MPC64.dll already loaded on a Reaper track. I capture simply unloading MPC64.dll VSTi from the Reaper DAW track and then reloading it back onto the track. No audio is being played at all. The high activity / thermal throttling follows when MPC64.dll VSTi service is running.

By Felix56 Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:48 pm
Hy,
i imported yesterday some Playbacks from the Mac Normalized 44.100 HZ and 16bit to the MPC live and
i have the same Problem. On the Mac they sound clean and on the MPC live they clip...
i thought that they are not good but on the Mac they are perfect..
So i think its a new Bug with the import conversion !!!

Felix
By jackmate Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:30 pm
..had the same problem, with the file being -6db, but it clipped heavily...
Bymember04959388 Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm
Another bug I think on standalone 2.3.
Sometimes when I change the velocity of a recorded Pad on grid view, everytime I try to change the velocity of one pad on drum program it changes the velocity of all pads.
I changed the preferences, same results.
I changed the edit zone, same results.
So I guess it is a bug.
Bymember04959388 Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:54 pm
jackmate wrote:..had the same problem, with the file being -6db, but it clipped heavily...

Yes, its a weird behaviour.
Try to work with imported samples using -6db as unity.
This way they work fine.
By MAXTHEDOG Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:26 pm
Standalone mode, never used controller mode other than to transfer files etc. Drastic (-3dB down to -24dB) loss of output on main outputs. Power cycled to rectify. Unable to repeat. Checked all the obvious but meters on Ableton and Focusrite confirmed that the level was down. Also level meters in the Live also down from similar levels to above. Running 2.3.
Cheers.
By Al Yeska Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 am
I'm blessed to have none of these bugs. Whoohoo! The bug i do have in my box is the presence of snaps and pops after filter or pitch edits, requiring that i save and power off my unit. Upon returning to the project after a restart, the pops are gone and a smooth happening to my sounds is preserved.
By Lee8989 Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 am
MPC Live standalone.

The pads are properly sending velocity information via MIDI (ie. a soft hit = lower velocity note), but when using note repeat to record the MIDI notes, you are no longer able to smoothly vary the velocity of the notes by applying more/less pressure in real time. The recorded notes all come out recorded as a single velocity. This never occurred on previous OS versions, and is something I use a LOT for recording hi-hat patterns for external drum machines. I can't imagine this would be by design, it would go against all previous MPCs!

Hope it gets a fix in 2.4!
By bredal187 Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:47 pm
Al Yeska wrote:I'm blessed to have none of these bugs. Whoohoo! The bug i do have in my box is the presence of snaps and pops after filter or pitch edits, requiring that i save and power off my unit. Upon returning to the project after a restart, the pops are gone and a smooth happening to my sounds is preserved.

Have the exact same issue and "solution"

Sometimes it requires a second reboot
Bymember04959388 Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:18 pm
A big problem on 2.3 standalone.
All the samples longer then 3 bars get truncated at 3 bars and half.
They were 8 and 16 beats long, they were recorded and played fine, I saved the project and all was fine.
When I reload the projects, it cuts all long samples at 3 and half bar.
All the projects.
I tried to erase the sample and purge and reload the samples, same problem.
I erased the program and the tracks, remake it, same problem.
I tried to save the sequence and open in another projects, same problem.
I tried to change preferences, same problem.
It's definitely a BIG BUG on my Mpc Live and I need help because I have concerts next week.
I cannot find any solution.
Bymember04959388 Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:53 pm
Frisbi wrote:A big problem on 2.3 standalone.
All the samples longer then 3 bars get truncated at 3 bars and half.
They were 8 and 16 beats long, they were recorded and played fine, I saved the project and all was fine.
When I reload the projects, it cuts all long samples at 3 and half bar.
All the projects.
I tried to erase the sample and purge and reload the samples, same problem.
I erased the program and the tracks, remake it, same problem.
I tried to save the sequence and open in another projects, same problem.
I tried to change preferences, same problem.
It's definitely a BIG BUG on my Mpc Live and I need help because I have concerts next week.
I cannot find any solution.

SOLVED!!!

Dan from GS:
"Switch off Instant Track Mute. the instant track mutes are tied to the first track right now, so if an event doesnt exist past the first measure in the first track, they mute. it's an implementation weirdness held over from I think the MPC 2500. It may be different in 2.4, but that's what fixed it for another customer recently."
By Randy Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:32 pm
Hey. When I'm in song mode, I will make a song, name it, then hit Convert>seq. The landing page allows you to choose what "Unused Sequence" you would like to copy the song onto. It will default to the next available unused sequence. If you choose that sequence, then go back to "Main", the song will end up copying over "Sequence 1" instead of the next available unused sequence. In addition, 1 or both of two things may also happen...The "Mute" button will be stuck "On". You either push "Solo" to cancel the mute button, or scroll up to another sequence, hit solo and they'll either both be selected, or both be deselected. Here is a link to a video of this happening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbTn76NnLv8&t=49s I asked Akai about this a few days ago, and I haven't heard anything back yet so I thought I'd give this a try. Thanks!
By Technician Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:21 am
On my MPCX when i exit out of Pad Mixer mode back into main mode the LED knobs are still displaying pad mixer mode. I have to press channel mixer then main mode for the knobs to match the mode I'm in. Never had that problem before until now.
By BrunoRomaguera Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:48 pm
hello!
I had a problem using the 2.3 to shoot back tracks in a live performance
I use audio tracks mode to shoot 16 audio tracks
each sequence represents 1 music
when I switch from sequence 1 to sequence 2, the name of track 1 remains the same as if it were from sequence 1 yet.
and so does mutes on each track
this is a serious problem, since in midi mode this does not happen !!!
I bought a very expensive device, and it is not working for my purpose.
Please, please fix this bug for version 2.4
By bilposey Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm
Mpc sampling page should be in the Force
And there is no way to manually chops on the pads :WTF: