MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BKmpclive Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:31 pm
Feature request:
1. Channel grouping (fader control over multiple channels)
2. Subgroups in standalone
3. PORTAMENTO PLEASE ( This is one is getting weird why we do not have it yet)
4. De-essers, MB Compressor, Metering in certain plugins (compressors)
5. An option in settings for a conventional channel views
6. Did I say Portamento?
7. Shift + - to change tracks
8. Key UP layer option like in the ASR 10 Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMMwfQa0jCA
9. A Second filter set in program edit? Might be a shot in the dark
10. Voice filters in audio tracks?
11. Sidechain option build into the channel Example: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=q1WoKW_TKYo&t=42s
12. Make available the MPC standalone drive on the WIFI network
13 Back up options for network back up
14, Make available the MPC itself as a bluetooth controller (iPad/Iphone apps)
15. Hui ?
16. Make MPC standalone a class compliant USB audio interface option?
Bymember04959388 Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:19 pm
BKmpclive wrote:Feature request:
1. Channel grouping (fader control over multiple channels)
2. Subgroups in standalone
3. PORTAMENTO PLEASE ( This is one is getting weird why we do not have it yet)
4. De-essers, MB Compressor, Metering in certain plugins (compressors)
5. An option in settings for a conventional channel views
6. Did I say Portamento?
7. Shift + - to change tracks
8. Key UP layer option like in the ASR 10 Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMMwfQa0jCA
9. A Second filter set in program edit? Might be a shot in the dark
10. Voice filters in audio tracks?
11. Sidechain option build into the channel Example: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=q1WoKW_TKYo&t=42s
12. Make available the MPC standalone drive on the WIFI network
13 Back up options for network back up
14, Make available the MPC itself as a bluetooth controller (iPad/Iphone apps)
15. Hui ?
16. Make MPC standalone a class compliant USB audio interface option?

Main + Pad to change tracks
Visual feeback on compressor
MB compressor
Better modulations
Phaser (the existing one is a toy)
Subgroups
Pattern delay (sync different pan patterns)
By Elektrobolt Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:35 pm
I like some of your requests.

I would like to add some... :)

The effect racks (the current stacks of four)... make them re-orderable, dynamically allocated instead of always 4, allow more than 4, and add save/load of entire racks.

One could imagine a global set of up to 128 (to follow the MPC dogma) mix racks that could be (re)used as effects in the other racks. So instead of say 42 separate reverb instances, you could have one of these 'wrapper' racks that only needs to mix 42 inputs, rather than 42 separate reverbs computing, to save some CPU. Perhaps this could allow for a bit more advanced algorithms. Just throwing it out there. ;)

A dynamic mod matrix instead of the current, well I'll say it, mess. If I am not using some of the paths available, then I rather not see them. Or at least re-organize, separate and keep logically related things of the same tabs. Add more tabs if needed.

I'd love to see the sample player parameters be modulation destinations (e.g. the sample player position, loop points, etc), though I'd settle for more sample player options. For example, it would be cool to be able to stagger playback modes, like back and forth, by count, by percent of sample, by a peak threshold, etc.

I like when companies try to expand the creative side of us consumers. Don't just think about how things normally are, or always was, new ways mean new sounds and new sounds are awesome.

I don't know how Akai implements their effects, but I would think they work similarly to VSTs in that they are generic 'sample-in sample-out' type models. Add some basic building block effects e.g. a (re-)polarizer (bipolar to unipolar and back), inverter (peek-to-peek, peeks independently, negative peek only, positive peek only), rectifier (half, full), wave folder, quadratic functionality (symmetric, polarity bias), lag effects, etc., so we can even sculpt sounds using effects. These are elementary functions that would be relatively easy to add.

Also, enable effect parameters to be modulation destinations.

I got to go, but I had thought of some other things too. If I recall maybe I'll continue later. :)
By ralphyartis' Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:35 pm
I think I may have came up with a decent workaround for not having subgroups in the mpc live standalone. It involves using drum programs as your bussses. I know it's not perfect. Let me know if there's any flaw in my thinking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWmkBiuKxcA
By toodee Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:15 am
So, I read this thread a couple of times to make sure : am I really the only one who thinks the most incredible/important missing feature still is the inability to edit automations ? I'd have that over anything else, including portamento, disk streaming, or bug fixing. And wayyyyyyy before any of the other nice-to-have features mentioned.
Is the MPC just used by beat makers who do not need a lot of parameter automation to produce variety ? Or only used by prodigies who can dial in perfect automation on dozens of parameters in one take with that perfect loop at the end of the sequence ? Or has everyone bought an MPC Live/X just to use it as controller for the software ? :hmmm:
Bymember04959388 Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:42 pm
toodee wrote:So, I read this thread a couple of times to make sure : am I really the only one who thinks the most incredible/important missing feature still is the inability to edit automations ? I'd have that over anything else, including portamento, disk streaming, or bug fixing. And wayyyyyyy before any of the other nice-to-have features mentioned.
Is the MPC just used by beat makers who do not need a lot of parameter automation to produce variety ? Or only used by prodigies who can dial in perfect automation on dozens of parameters in one take with that perfect loop at the end of the sequence ? Or has everyone bought an MPC Live/X just to use it as controller for the software ? :hmmm:

It is made to record automations in real time.
Play them live, record them, here you go.