Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By richie Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:08 am
Getting an actual "SSD" with a SATA to SCSI connection is a waste of money, of no advantage and no real point.

If you already have the Artimix CF or SD drive, you effectively have a "SSD" as any sort of sd/cf memory card is a form of "Solid State" memory. Using an actual SSD hard drive will not yield any advantage to speed or data contingency at all as SD/CF memory will often utilize the same form of nand memory used in SSD drives.

You'd hook it up the same way one would hook up a zip drive or any internal scsi card reader.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:44 am
richie wrote:Getting an actual "SSD" with a SATA to SCSI connection is a waste of money, of no advantage and no real point.

If you already have the Artimix CF or SD drive, you effectively have a "SSD" as any sort of sd/cf memory card is a form of "Solid State" memory. Using an actual SSD hard drive will not yield any advantage to speed or data contingency at all as SD/CF memory will often utilize the same form of nand memory used in SSD drives.

You'd hook it up the same way one would hook up a zip drive or any internal scsi card reader.

100%
By JUKE 179r Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:14 pm
As richie mentioned it's definitely not worth it installing an SSD hard drive in the 3000.
Even if you install it and depending on your OS chips, you are still stuck with the same 26 partitions at 33mb each = 858MB total.

Stick with your Artmix SCSI card reader (I have the RaizenMonster in my 3000LE) and you'll be fine.
By Edd.Buczybuda Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:29 pm
I remember this machine for sale having a internal 8gb SSD drive, cf drive and a working SCSI port in the back.
How would all this be hooked up?

This could be done by daisy chaining with one SCSI ID for each device.